ulcerative colitis

Options
Hello there. I used this website in the past because of weight loss, now I have been newly diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Now I am trying to keep my weight (8 steriods a day!)and survive. I haven't been given much guidance for a diet. Is there anyone on here that uses this website for this purpose also? Thanks

Replies

• sarahehall35
    sarahehall35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am here for the same issue. I have had ulcerative colitis for 8 years. I was able to maintain remission for most of it with lailda, however this current flare is not responding and forcing me to start prednisone 30mg/day. Trying to keep it from affecting me weight too much. :( I am really scared..
  • runfreer
    runfreer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Prednisone is a great and terrible drug. Unfortunately, you will want to eat everything you see. I think using MFP will help you know that you are getting the right amount of calories and macros even though your body may be screaming for more. Also, I would use the 'notes' section to track how different foods make you feel and how your body responds. You may discover a food trigger for your flares.

*I fought UC for years before having my colon removed in 2006.
  • sarahehall35
    sarahehall35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you runfreer! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone in going through this.