lunch options

Options
Hey guys. So I dnt bring lunch to work. I usually buy it. Near my job there is a wendys, subway, and chick fil a. What should I go with if I were getting lunch from these places?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Can you take a quick peek at their websites?

Subway without cheese or mayo is pretty decent. Get something (naturally) lower in fat.....turkey maybe.

Wendy's has a number of salads....make sure the chicken is grilled. Watch the amount of dressing. The Strawberry Fields was yummy. I got a half portion to go with a piece of fruit brought (last week).

Chick Fil A (never been) has naked tenders.....get a side salad.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For Wendy's I usually get one of their large salads and ask for double chicken on it. Most of the extras besides dressing come in packets so it's easy to control. They also have a great grilled chicken sandwich that has a huge chicken breast. Fortunately I hate their fries so I never get those.

For chick fil a, I used to get a grilled chicken sandwch with two chicken breasts and a small order of fries and diet lemonade. Those waffle fries are so good! They changed their marinade unfortunately and I don't really care for it, so now I have to have some extra calories to burn if I go there.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you have allocated to lunch, whether you have any dietary restrictions, etc.

For me, I'd go with chili at Wendy's and a salad at Subway with low fat meat. I don't know much about Chik Fil A.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When I go to Wendy's I usually stick to the baked potato and a cup of chili. But check out their websites! All of the chain restaurants have to publish their nutrition information, so it's really easy to pull up the chart and see what fits into your personal goals.
  • robinadams2015
    robinadams2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Whatever I do. I will try and stay away from fries.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Look up the menu and nutrition information online for each place and choose what fits your goal. You could get a regular sandwich at any of those places and skip the sides or have a salad.
    I get water or an unsweetened tea to drink.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't want the answer, "whatever fits into your calorie and/or macro goals," huh?

Okay, if I had 500 calories set aside for lunch, here's what I would personally choose. Keep in mind that I like to get foods I actually enjoy when I eat out rather than going straight for a salad or plain grilled chicken sandwich without the bread.

- Wendy's: Baked potato with small chili poured on top (490 calories) or Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich with apple slices (410 calories) or a 10 piece chicken nuggets with apple slices (490 calories) or a Jr. Cheeseburger with a small chili and apple slices (490 calories)

- Chick-fil-a: 12-count regular chicken nuggets with large fruit cup (470 calories) or 8-count grilled nuggets with small waffle fries (450 calories) or a classic chicken sandwich with a medium fruit cup (490 calories) or grilled chicken club sandwich with a medium fruit cup (490 calories)

- Subway: 6-inch ham & turkey sub with American cheese, spinach, and light mayo with a bag of baked Lays chips (500 calories) or the pepperoni flatizza (500 calories)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you want to spend?

Wendy's I like a Jr delux cheeseburger no mayo(300 calories), a garden side salad (25 calories) with half a pack of ranch (50 calories).

Chickfila 12 grilled nuggets (210 calories) side salad (80 calories) half a pack of honey mustard dressing (45 calories) and a medium diet lemonade (30 calories)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like the six inch roast chicken from Subway. Sometimes I'll splurge & get cheese, other times light mayo.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Why can you not pack a lunch?
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would get a turkey sub from subway, with lots of veggies and no sauce. That's what I like!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Subway has its lower-calorie sandwiches marked on the menu, i think. Choose any one of those. And skip the chips and cookie. Can you toss an apple or other piece of fruit in your purse to eat at lunch with your sandwich?
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't want the answer, "whatever fits into your calorie and/or macro goals," huh?

Okay, if I had 500 calories set aside for lunch, here's what I would personally choose. Keep in mind that I like to get foods I actually enjoy when I eat out rather than going straight for a salad or plain grilled chicken sandwich without the bread.

- Wendy's: Baked potato with small chili poured on top (490 calories) or Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich with apple slices (410 calories) or a 10 piece chicken nuggets with apple slices (490 calories) or a Jr. Cheeseburger with a small chili and apple slices (490 calories)

- Chick-fil-a: 12-count regular chicken nuggets with large fruit cup (470 calories) or 8-count grilled nuggets with small waffle fries (450 calories) or a classic chicken sandwich with a medium fruit cup (490 calories) or grilled chicken club sandwich with a medium fruit cup (490 calories)

- Subway: 6-inch ham & turkey sub with American cheese, spinach, and light mayo with a bag of baked Lays chips (500 calories) or the pepperoni flatizza (500 calories)

Thanks . Extremely helpful
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    Why can you not pack a lunch?

I can, but people like to tamper with your food. When I'm ready for lunch I discover I'm missing half of it.