Gaining a new mentality toward "losing weight"

Options
So I've been eating better moving more lately, about a month or so, and I'm down over 20 lbs, but I decided not to weigh myself on the scale for a week. During that week I started to just kind of forget about how much I weighed, but consider more how I feel, and it's really cool. Whether I lose weight or not, eating more healthy foods has given me more energy, made bathroom visits more pleasant, and I crave *kitten* food a lot less..also my cardio performance continues to slowly increase as well... I suppose at this point I'm starting to realize, losing weight is hopefully just going to be a bonus to getting more healthy, and this is just a better way to live.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I can't quit the scale, but was much happier with my weight loss before I started weighing. I would just notice that my clothes got bigger, then fit into smaller sizes. I'd notice I was feeling better.

I was shocked when I found out how much I'd lost! That's when I got a scale. Ever since, I've been too obsessed with that number.

Good for you, quitting the scale. I just cannot bring myself to do it.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think there's a happy medium, like once a week. I'm gonna weigh myself once a week and I'm sure for a few days after I will always go back to obsessing over the number, but I think it'll slowly fade..
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I suppose at this point I'm starting to realize, losing weight is hopefully just going to be a bonus to getting more healthy, and this is just a better way to live.

Well said!
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    =)
  • Caligirl4soccer
    Caligirl4soccer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep it up