Cake and eating it, too?

Options
I had a student bring me a homemade mini cake today. His mom makes and decorates them and then gives one to all of his teachers on the last day of school. It is one of the best end of the year gifts I have ever received. I am torn between diving in and snarfing down the whole thing or just saving it as a decoration until it goes bad. Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

Replies

• mlweaver89
    mlweaver89 Posts: 35
    Options
    Share it with your entire family! You get a taste, but you don't eat the whole thing! And gimme some!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the last reply. Take a taste but share the rest. Or, if you have a slice, get out and take a 20 minute walk, this will help burn some of those calories.:smile:
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with previous poster. Share it with some other people, just so you can taste and see if it is as good as it looks. What an awesome gift.
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    I agree! Have a little bite, but share the rest with friends or family.
  • rikkijanet
    rikkijanet Posts: 12
    Options
    Yea share it with your family and your neighbors too because if you are anything like me.........if I were to let it sit in my house over night I'd sleep walk in the middle of the night and eat it because I'd be dreaming of it......lol. Get it out of your house it's poison!!! LOL
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Had a very similar dilemma last week What I should have done is have a piece and move on. I did share, but I had two pieces, and the next day had another 1 1/2 pieces. Well, it's one week later and I'm still trying to drop the 3 pounds I gained. I know now that one piece would have been just fine with no repercussions, but close to 4 total was a true misstep. We should not deny ourselves the occasional treat, but we are here because all too often we turn a treat into an indulgence that is way overboard. So, have one piece, share the rest, and if there is any leftover, get rid of it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. :)
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Taste, share, TOSS. Do not keep leftovers but don't deny yourself. Paula Poundstone says she will eat the entire refrigerator because she wants something like a jelly donut - she should have eaten the jelly donut and been done with it! Good Luck
  • iiliiPhoenixiilii
    Options
    I agree with everyone here! Def. share it so that way you don't eat so much of it and you still get a taste :) There is nothing wrong with a taste in my opinion!!