Alcohol

Options
so I had the calories saved one day to enjoy 2 delicious beers. Is there something different about these empty calories? Beer has always been connected to gaining weight in my mind. Can you lose weight and have a couple a few times a week?

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You said you worked the calories in, you will be fine. What I have heard is intoxication causes some people to eat extra without thinking
  • Caffeinated_MES
    Caffeinated_MES Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I regular plan alcoholic beverages into my caloric intake. As long as the calories are accounted for and you control the snack craving that sometimes comes with it, its absolutely possible. I'm proof. ;) Speaking of which, I suggest checking beers in by ABV to get the most accurate check in!
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
  • StrengthBeyondStrength
    Options
    Thank you all! This is a relief. I don't get the drunk munchies unless I'm super drunk, which I don't do anymore. A couple beers here and there is fine.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    He'll yes fit it in your daily calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If they fit in your allotment, you're fine.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine as far as calories, but I'd check how beer plays with blood sugar...I'm given to understand that alcohol can wreak havok on blood sugar, but I don't know about beer specifically.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I don't view them as empty calories.

If I want a glass of wine or beer, I just make room in my calories for the day.
  • fobbott
    fobbott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the nutrition though, is alcohol categorised as fat. Because when I have a few glasses of wine, my fat seems to jump up even though there isn't any fat in it?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    fobbott wrote: »
    In the nutrition though, is alcohol categorised as fat. Because when I have a few glasses of wine, my fat seems to jump up even though there isn't any fat in it?

Nope, it's carbs, looking at my diary. What do you mean by "my fat seems to jump up"?