One A Day - Weght Smart - Vitamins?

Options
I went to the store to choose a multi-vitamin, and after standing there for quite some time trying to decide between the Women's Formula or the Weight Smart Formula, I went with the Weight Smart one.

Now I am not sure if I made the right choice. I am a woman so should I be taking a women's formula. But I am also trying to loose weight, so maybe the weight smart is a good choice. I'm so torn!

What is your opinion about this vitamin? Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• mer2016
    mer2016 Posts: 4
    Options
    Weight Smart vitamins are often times not very different than any other multi vitamin with the exception that "weight smart" or "healthy weight," "healthy metabolism" and other such categories often contain caffeine or some smiliar stimulant to assist with weight loss.

Usually it's a very mild effect, but when you take these vitamins late in the day they can keep you up at night.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I take a One A Day Women's Active Metabolism. I don't think it matters as long as you're gettin in your essential vitamins and minerals. Don't stress it.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    They are all pretty much the same. I think the Weight Smart label is just an incentive to get people to buy them. :laugh:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I went with the normal women's one because of the higher calcium
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    FYI I took the Weight Smart ones and they kinda made me sick. I even ate with them and I still felt the nauseated feeling. Weird.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    http://www.oneaday.com/

There are some differences in formulation. One thing to be aware of is that each vitamin in the "metabolism" or "energy" category has 100+ mg of caffeine, approximately the same as 1 cup of coffee or 2-3 cups of black tea (1 "bag" or tsp each).

In general, though, if a multivitamin gives you 100% of the RDA, you're OK. Remember, you're also getting nutrition from your food. If you know you have a particular shortage, then a supplement is probably a good idea.

For women, especially, be sure you're getting enough vitamin D. I take 1000 IU daily and my blood levels are fine.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FYI I took the Weight Smart ones and they kinda made me sick. I even ate with them and I still felt the nauseated feeling. Weird.

It could be the additional chromium or selenium in those vitamins. Those supplements make me feel sick, too.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options