Needing encouragement, getting discouraged.

Options
2»

Replies

• Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day....it helped me learn what and how I was eating affected my body, along with the monthly changes the female body goes through and how it can affect your body. If you can handle the ups and downs and not get discouraged as it fluctuates during the week, or month...it is a good tool for learning your body's cycles and the affect your lifestyle may have. I understand myself much better now and understand when I hit a plateau or gain weight...and I adjust accordingly. I don't weigh every day now...I do weigh halfway through the week so if I need to make adjustments the last part of the week, before a weigh in, I can do so. I am no expert...I'm just learning what works for me!
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    If I understand right.... you are not eating your exercise calories? If so, you should eat at least a good portion of them to replace the calories burnt and so your body doesn't think you are starving it. At least that is what works for me. Also pick one day per week to weigh yourself. I don't lose weight every week, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.
    This is exactly the way I have understood it. Everyone tells me I need to eat my excercise calories. That is the reason they give them to you. If you eat just enough and burn most of that up your body really thinks it is starving . Like they all have said you also have to look at how you feel... But plkease eat :-)
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    By you needing encouragement I am getting it by reading all the posts!

I don't even have to write how I am feeling all i have do is search. It seams everyone out there feels the same way :) Nice to know I am not alone.
  • mercedes25
    mercedes25 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't look at the scale. The 1st month that you start trying to lose weight, you should not look at the scale! It's due to you gain in muscle and everything! Seeing as you have been doing this for a month I am sure you are about to begin seeing your hardwork!!! Dont give up now, you can seriously do this!