Gimme your favorite crockpot recipe!

Options
Need some new ideas!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    There's a current thread under the recipe forum. I'd link it, but I'm on my phone!
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @JenMarie8781

This is a staple for me, the boyfriend asks for it constantly! I normally top if off with fresh cilantro, plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and crumbled tortilla chips)

CrockPot Chicken Enchilada Soup

http://realmomkitchen.com/463/chicken-enchilada-soup-and-my-top-10-soup-recipes/
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to roast whole chickens! I'd throw in a lot of chopped root vegetables (you can also set it on foil balls to keep the meat out of any grease/drippings,) then a whole, raw chicken rubbed with salt. Cook on high for 4-5 hours (you can do 8 on low but I'm not sure about the food safety aspect of that.) and you're set! I'd take all the chicken off the bones, separate white and dark meat, and portion the meat into the fridge and freezer to use in recipes. Then, put the bones/carcass back in the crock pot with water and a couple tbsp. apple cider vinegar (and some herbs/vegetable scraps for flavor) and cook on low for 8-10 hours to get really delicious, rich homemade stock.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
  • KillRKit
    KillRKit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like simple things like BBQ chicken- a pack of cheap chicken thighs, bottle of best BBQ sauce, cook on low till done or salsa chicken- just like BBQ but with salsa instead, super good for shredded chicken tacos.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I originally found this on Pinterest and played with the ingredients. It is so simple and super delicious. Always a crowd pleaser.

2-3 lb Chicken breast
    1-can light Cream of mushroom soup
    1-1.5 Ranch dressing packet (dry)
    2 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes
    1 lb Carrots
    Water

Dump in veggies, put chicken on top, pour ranch packet and cream of mushroom soup, add water as needed. I like to let it sit overnight and then cook on low 6 hours the next day.

• vtd23
    vtd23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got a super easy chicken fajitas recipe. I've tried too. It's good!

One red bell pepper
    One orange bell pepper
    One green bell pepper
    Half an onion
    Three chicken breasts
    One fajita packet

That's it!! No water required because the juice comes out when you slow cook. Chop veggies and lay them on the bottom. Chicken goes on top. Mix well with fajita packet.