Needing a push!

Hi!
My name is Kaelyn, I live in Beautiful British Columbia Canada!! WOOT WOOT
I had a baby 16 months ago, and weigh as much now as I did when I was 9 months pregnant! YIKES:sad:
I'm horribly undisciplined and can b fairly lazy! :blushing:
I know my pit falls when it comes to diet; I hardly eat food but drink TONS of energy drinks!
So my plan of attack is to cut down on the energy drinks and force myself to sit down and eat real food!
Today is the first day of the rest of my healthy living life...i hope!
If anyone has any tips on becoming less lazy and more motivated - please lemme know!

Replies

• Kaelyn
    Kaelyn Posts: 8
    Hi!
    My name is Kaelyn, I live in Beautiful British Columbia Canada!! WOOT WOOT
    I had a baby 16 months ago, and weigh as much now as I did when I was 9 months pregnant! YIKES:sad:
    I'm horribly undisciplined and can b fairly lazy! :blushing:
    I know my pit falls when it comes to diet; I hardly eat food but drink TONS of energy drinks!
    So my plan of attack is to cut down on the energy drinks and force myself to sit down and eat real food!
    Today is the first day of the rest of my healthy living life...i hope!
    If anyone has any tips on becoming less lazy and more motivated - please lemme know!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :smile:
  • Motivation seems to be so elusive sometimes! I'm struggling with finding some myself. Though I think this site will help (it's only my first day). If you have trouble finding time for entire meals or don't find enough time to cook a few ideas are:

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt) with 1/2 cup granola (make sure it's under 180 calories-one good choice is grape nuts Trail Mix Crunch, or you can use any granola bar and break it up yourself-Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax is really good) and 3/4 to 1 cup berries (I use frozen and just thaw in microwave for 1 minute).

1 med. apple, 1 slice wheat bread (make sure ingredients say whole wheat!), 2 slices deli meat, and one slice low-fat cheese (kraft low-fat mozzarella is really good and only 65 calories per slice). You can layer the bread with the meat then cheese and put it in a skillet and cover for a few minutes-or until cheese melts-very yummy

A really fun treat is to have cereal with chocolate soy milk (I like Silk chocolate soy milk). All-Bran with vanilla yogurt bites is really good and if you want top your bowl off with sliced banana.

Frozen entrees are not entirely bad either. Do watch out for sodium content, ideally it should be under 600mg., the meal should be around 300-400 calories, and if the dish is higher in fat, just have less in other meals during the day. Too much fat is bad, but so is too little. Just make sure to get healthy fats in your diet-salmon, avocado, nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, olive oil, and flax seeds are just a few examples.

I have found I like a lot of Amy's frozen foods, actually I'm addicted! It's all organic. I usually pair it with a fresh piece of fruit or steamed veggies.

Canned soup is also good-again watch out for sodium content. Look for ones under 500mg per serving.

Spaghetti is always good. Make sure to use whole wheat noodles! While the pasta is cooking I like to put pre-made spaghetti sauce in an sauce pan and heat adding cooked ground turkey and chopped veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, black olives, and mushrooms. I have even put them in a blender and mixed them in, then you get lots of good for you vegetables without really knowing it.

All these meals are relatively low in calories (just watch portion size) and all contain complex carbohydrates, protein, and a litlle bit of healthy fat. Which is the ideal for each meal you eat.

Well I'm not sure if this was exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps anyway. And just remember anything you do-walking, taking the stairs, cleaning, lifting weights-or even your little one! is all burning calories:)

I am trying to get a degree in nutrition and aspire to be a personal trainer one day so if you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to give you good answers!

Melody
  • hello everyone, i am starting a new happy healthy life on the right track. i eat 6 times a day and still loose weight. I had a baby 16 months ago as well. and stayed pritty heavy. well now i have taken in my own hands to loose all that baby fat. i eat 6 small meals a day exersize often and if i wonder here or there i just do extra everything or cut that much back the next day. right now i am avergageing about a pound a day. oh and lots of water to drink.
  • hello everyone, i am starting a new happy healthy life on the right track. i eat 6 times a day and still loose weight. I had a baby 16 months ago as well. and stayed pritty heavy. well now i have taken in my own hands to loose all that baby fat. i eat 6 small meals a day exersize often and if i wonder here or there i just do extra everything or cut that much back the next day. right now i am avergageing about a pound a day. oh and lots of water to drink.
    Wow!!! congrats. I want to loose a pound a day. But I am lucky to loose 1 a week:)
    Keep going strong. Heidi:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • thanks a bunch but it is really hard got to put my mind to it. because my kids have such good snacks and i wants some all the time and i have to say no and walk away so it is really a mind over matter thing.
  • Motivation seems to be so elusive sometimes! I'm struggling with finding some myself. Though I think this site will help (it's only my first day). If you have trouble finding time for entire meals or don't find enough time to cook a few ideas are:

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt) with 1/2 cup granola (make sure it's under 180 calories-one good choice is grape nuts Trail Mix Crunch, or you can use any granola bar and break it up yourself-Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax is really good) and 3/4 to 1 cup berries (I use frozen and just thaw in microwave for 1 minute).

1 med. apple, 1 slice wheat bread (make sure ingredients say whole wheat!), 2 slices deli meat, and one slice low-fat cheese (kraft low-fat mozzarella is really good and only 65 calories per slice). You can layer the bread with the meat then cheese and put it in a skillet and cover for a few minutes-or until cheese melts-very yummy

A really fun treat is to have cereal with chocolate soy milk (I like Silk chocolate soy milk). All-Bran with vanilla yogurt bites is really good and if you want top your bowl off with sliced banana.

Frozen entrees are not entirely bad either. Do watch out for sodium content, ideally it should be under 600mg., the meal should be around 300-400 calories, and if the dish is higher in fat, just have less in other meals during the day. Too much fat is bad, but so is too little. Just make sure to get healthy fats in your diet-salmon, avocado, nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, olive oil, and flax seeds are just a few examples.

I have found I like a lot of Amy's frozen foods, actually I'm addicted! It's all organic. I usually pair it with a fresh piece of fruit or steamed veggies.

Canned soup is also good-again watch out for sodium content. Look for ones under 500mg per serving.

Spaghetti is always good. Make sure to use whole wheat noodles! While the pasta is cooking I like to put pre-made spaghetti sauce in an sauce pan and heat adding cooked ground turkey and chopped veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, black olives, and mushrooms. I have even put them in a blender and mixed them in, then you get lots of good for you vegetables without really knowing it.

All these meals are relatively low in calories (just watch portion size) and all contain complex carbohydrates, protein, and a litlle bit of healthy fat. Which is the ideal for each meal you eat.

Well I'm not sure if this was exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps anyway. And just remember anything you do-walking, taking the stairs, cleaning, lifting weights-or even your little one! is all burning calories:)

I am trying to get a degree in nutrition and aspire to be a personal trainer one day so if you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to give you good answers!

Melody

This was so great!!! I am new to this also and so I am always needing ideas. I copied and pasted your meal ideas to an excel worksheet so I can make a grocery list.
    Here is a ? if anybody knows. I have heard that we burn calories for up to an hour after we exercise. Is it good to eat after or does it disrupt the calorie burning process? I have heard it both ways and am confused. Thanks, Heidi
  • Hi hheath,
    I'm glad you liked my tips:blushing: It's very important to eat something after exercising-your body needs to replenish itself. From what I've studied it should be around 200-300 calories containing a good portion of protein, a little bit of carbs, and a small amount of healthy fats. I like to have the cottage cheese with granola and berries after my workouts. It's one of my favorite meals b/c it tastes sweet, like I'm eating a big dessert:) I have also read that we continue to burn more calories after working out, though it does depend on the intensity-the more intense the more calories burned afterwards. I hope this helped:smile:
  • Hi hheath,
    I'm glad you liked my tips:blushing: It's very important to eat something after exercising-your body needs to replenish itself. From what I've studied it should be around 200-300 calories containing a good portion of protein, a little bit of carbs, and a small amount of healthy fats. I like to have the cottage cheese with granola and berries after my workouts. It's one of my favorite meals b/c it tastes sweet, like I'm eating a big dessert:) I have also read that we continue to burn more calories after working out, though it does depend on the intensity-the more intense the more calories burned afterwards. I hope this helped:smile:

Thank you!! :smile: I will try all these tips. I usually work out in the morning, so eating afterwards is easy to do. But I also do a light workout at night. That is the one I usually don't eat after because it is 7:00 and I eat dinner an hour before I go. Good luck with trying a degree in nutrition and aspiring to be a personal trainer. From the sounds of it you would make a good one. Heidi:flowerforyou: