Less then 1 pound to goal....do you know when to stop?

Options
yanicka
yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
I have 0.8 pounds to lose until I am at my goal of 125 lbs. Now I am wondering if 120 is not a better goal. I still have big legs and my scale tell me that I have 30% body fat. I wear size 4. I see that I could really lose more weight but in the same time my boobs are pretty much all gone. I am so lost as to what to do next.

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Maybe the goal should not be to loose any more weight but to tone up? Do some strength training and eat protein.. it'll help shape everything? Just a thought ;) Congrats on making it to your goal!!!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    that's a tough one. strength training?
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    you don't stop...set a new goal
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Start doing exercises that tone your muscles rather than trying to lose weight for now.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you still have that high a percentage of body fat, you should focus more on exercising to tone up! I agree, set a new goal... but BE REALISTIC!
  • sociable15
    sociable15 Posts: 98
    Options
    i hit my goal about a week and a half ago and switched to maintenance. I haven't gained or lost yet, as far as I know (only weigh in once a week) but figure if i lose, fine. if not, fine. If i gain, though, that's where the trouble starts. I continue with my exercise, added strenght training, and just eat more and I figure i will tone up and lose inches as i build muscle.
  • AmyBMelt13
    AmyBMelt13 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think your scale is set wrong too.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Start doing exercises that tone your muscles rather than trying to lose weight for now.

Yeah!
  • leelow23
    leelow23 Posts: 4
    Options
    if you bmi is 30% it has nothing to do with the actual weight loss. you can be 120 and still have a high bmi. You have to incorporate more toning exercises to get a higher muscle mass. Of course that can possibly mean you end up gaining weight in muscle but you will also look smaller! My sister is into body building and she is 5'9 and 180 pounds but her body fat is only 9 %. :)
  • judogrrl
    judogrrl Posts: 6
    Options
    First off, don't trust your scale for body fat. For some people (myself included) they are wildly inaccurate. If you are interested in your body fat, get a proper test done.

Second, stop thinking about weight and start thinking about health. Size 4 is pretty small. I agree with the previous reply that some weight training and cardio with the goal to maintain your weight might be a better answer.

Finally, you say you have big legs but compared to whom? The day that I came to the realization that no matter how much weight I lost I was not going to have legs like Cyd Charisse is the day I began to be happier and healthier.
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Unless you're really really short I'm not sure it's possible to have 30% body fat at 125 lbs. You may want to recheck that number.

Otherwise, my plan when I reach my goal is to switch from weight loss mode to work out mode. Do a little less cardio and lift a little more weights.
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I am setting my goal at 125. When I reach 125 I am going to set my next goal for 120 and use that five pound fluxuation to tone and build more muscle. Could you meet with a nutritionist or a PT to have them do scan and do their calculations to see if thier scale is off?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    TY everyone. I want to say that I am 5 foots tall so the 30% at 125 is not that unusual. I do strenght training in addition to my cardio already. I am just not sure if I want to maintain of try to lose the next 5 pounds.