MFP Pressure...THANK YOU!

Options
I don't expect everyone to understand where I'm coming from because we all think differently, but I truly believe that having a lot of friends is a ton of pressure, well for me at least. For some this might seem like a complaint but I'm very competitive and I'm focused on exceeding my goals. I welcome the added pressure. Knowing that so many people support what I'm trying to do gives me a second wind when I'm exhausted and feel like quitting or when the temptation of junk food begins to call my name, and I thank you. I'm not the fragile type, so when I fall and have a crappy workout or eat crap, I don't want to hear how "It's ok" or "Start again tomorrow" etc. I know that this will be a very long and difficult journey, but don't baby me when I mess up, constructive criticism is needed. I at times shake my head when I hear "I ate like a pig so I'll start again tomorrow" or when I see that you've logged on for 150 days in a row and have only lost 8lbs. I know we all wanna show support but fitness is not a joke, this is not Facebook. Yes I laugh and talk nonsense with my MFP friends but make no mistake, I know why I'm here. Physical fitness is a personal responsibility and I think some of us are taking the support for granted. They say falling down is ok as long as you get up, but when do you learn to STOP falling??? To make mistakes is human but not learning from them is INSANE. People on here genuinely care and are proud when friends meet goals, most of us don't have friends like that in our real lives so I would never want to waste their time or my own by not doing what needs to be done here. Knowing that my friends here really care about my goals is enough for me to put the soda down, drop the Ciroc, toss out the fried chicken and get my ish together. Ultimately this weight loss journey is for ME, but I do believe I owe it to those that inspire me to keep pushing. This is a great deal of pressure for me...AND I THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERY BIT OF IT!!!

Replies

• rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    God, so true--especially the part about the friends on here being more supportive than real-life friends. If you don't mind, I am going to add to your pressure by friending you! :wink:
  • kermitus85
    kermitus85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't give in. Its not okay to ALWAYS fall off the wagon. You must do your best to maintain your determination. You -CAN- do it.
  • manenuff21
    manenuff21 Posts: 63
    Options
    God, so true--especially the part about the friends on here being more supportive than real-life friends. If you don't mind, I am going to add to your pressure by friending you! :wink:

Bring it on!!!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I've hit a minor plateau recently and while it's been great to get kind words from everyone, it was even better to get a kick butt email full of advice and some stern words about my salt intake and how much I eat at parties. At first I felt defensive but then I realized they were right. So now I'm watching my salt more closely and resisting the chips at parties. It feels good sometimes for someone to say you're doing well, but you're capable of more.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    dude, I've been on MFP consistently for like 135 days and I've MAYBE lost two but more muscley.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Well put
  • Utefootball2010
    Options
    Well said bro... I definitely see where you are coming from... It takes a man or a woman to stand up and tell you how they truly feel... You did that... I'm glad you are no nonsense type of guy... You can expect me to give you some constructive criticism but I'm not blunt about it... I always try to keep it positive... I'm glad you are one of my MFP's and feel free to give me constructive criticism as well... :) Thanks bro...
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i wish i was getting more support from peple here lol. I have friends who said they were all about helping and motivating but i never hear from them. and i try so hard to comment on my friends post and give encouragement. i dint really get any supposrt at home either, so it is making my journey very had. im glad you have found a group of friend to support yo
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    :devil: Glad to be appying the pressure!! :devil:
    Make it a good no GREAT DAY!!
    Jena
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    Yep, as nice as it is to hear all the "you can do it" support from freinds/family/whatever(im new here) I get my best motivation when I get called out for slacking on my goals. Knowing others are watching out for me makes me more apt to watch out for myself, wouldnt want to let them down!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Excellent Excellent Excellent! You said it right and from the heart, I definately feel you on here, and thats why I say everyone is responsible for their own actions and what they do and what they eat, we are not babies and we need to take control of our exercise and our eating habitis. I haven't been in the gym at all this week, but I have been watching what I eat for the lack there of. But I am not looking for pitty parties or hand outs! I'm looking for the "get yobutt in that gym"! Thanks for the "Pressure"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!