What are some little or no fat foods that I can eat.

Options
Since I have been going to the gym faithfully for 2 1/2 months and trying to drink water and eating more salads and trying to stay active, and NONE OF THIS IS WORKING, I'm going to cut out all sugars and fats. Although, I would rather eat nothing and drink water than drink diet sodas or eat things like beets or celery. I can handle salad as long as it has egg in it, and water is the farthest thing from what I like to drink, but I'm to the point I'm so fed up and disappointed in myself that Im going to do what I have to do.

So Please, someone help me and give me a list of things that I can eat! lol Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have to have some kind of help somewhere....

Replies

• Luvmysixpack
    Options
    If you are working out how may protiens are you getting per day?
  • jenjukasa
    jenjukasa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been eating more cucumber and culliflower. Its super low in calories and good for you. Oh, and it really does fill you up!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My opinion - I don't think cutting out healthy fats will help. Cutting out sugar, white flour, processed foods, preservatives (including unneeded additives like artificial sugar and flavors) and empty calories like alcohol will help more.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree. You have to take in the healthy fats - all of the muscles and cells of your body contains fats, and they are needed to repair your muscles. That being said: healthy fats include nuts, avocado, and olive oils. I would incorporate those into your diet and cut out of the processed stuff. and yeah sugar is the devil for sure. Once again - nothing white, and nothing bleached.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    My opinion - I don't think cutting out healthy fats will help. Cutting out sugar, white flour, processed foods, preservatives (including unneeded additives like artificial sugar and flavors) and empty calories like alcohol will help more.

This. And if you want some real advice on what to work on, it will help to open your diary so folks can see what changes might help.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to befriend me and look at my dairy. I am losing 2lbs a week. Don't cut out fat....our bodies need it. It is processed foods and sugar that causes problems. One of the main issues being the super high sugar buzz followed by super crash. Eating more protein (more than 100 grams a day) will keep you from craving bad foods and help you out tremendously. Notice I didn't say to go and eat a pound of bacon with cheese though. Lean meats and proteins.
  • mizuno16
    mizuno16 Posts: 1
    Options
    There is a water addiditive (sp?) called Mio that I use to help me keep up the water intake. It has no calories and it adds just enough taste to get me through the day!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Since I have been going to the gym faithfully for 2 1/2 months and trying to drink water and eating more salads and trying to stay active, and NONE OF THIS IS WORKING, I'm going to cut out all sugars and fats. Although, I would rather eat nothing and drink water than drink diet sodas or eat things like beets or celery. I can handle salad as long as it has egg in it, and water is the farthest thing from what I like to drink, but I'm to the point I'm so fed up and disappointed in myself that Im going to do what I have to do.

So Please, someone help me and give me a list of things that I can eat! lol Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have to have some kind of help somewhere....

Water doesn't do your body any more good than other non-alcoholic drinks. I personally think the artificial ingredients in soda can't be good for you but for weight loss they do as well as water, as does tea, Crystal Light, or any other no-calorie drink. I don't believe a no fat diet is healthy, but low/no fat foods are going to be fruits, veggies, grains and skim milk products.
  • Goose82
    Goose82 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks guys.. I'm just at my wits end.... I have no idea what to eat....The thought crossed my mind about nothing but salads from here on out!! lol *sigh* , but my problem is that I LOVE food...and the way it tastes...but cant cook it! I'm a horrible horrible cook...