Salmon burger toppings?

Options
pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
whats some good toppings for a salmon burger? What veggies, sauces, and cheese? I was thinking of doing a lemon-dill Greek yogurt sauce with maybe a little onion! What's your favorite?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard, or a little teriyaki sauce.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I love it with tsatsiki on it, yogurt, garlic, dill, cucumber sauce...it's my favorite!

I would also like it on top of some sautéed spinach with garlic and maybe a sprinkle of feta.

I think you got me thinking greek...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Lemon/dill aioli or yoghurt sauce, rocket..
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    I love it with tsatsiki on it, yogurt, garlic, dill, cucumber sauce...it's my favorite!

I would also like it on top of some sautéed spinach with garlic and maybe a sprinkle of feta.

I think you got me thinking greek...

Feta does sound good on top....I was thinking Parmesan, but now I'm debating with the feta!
  • ekgtec69
    ekgtec69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We just had them this week I used a tablespoon of mayo and relish tasted really good but not low calorie. Maybe with plain Greek yogurt and relish?
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Mango & cucumber salsa with cilantro!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, capers and chives or shallots finely diced, and some dill. Yum! I'll serve THAT tonight! My sauce is a lot like OP's but the capers add a bit more saltiness. Great for a salt freak like me.
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't have salmon 'burgers' as such but I really like this on my salmon fillet.
    Light soy, lemon juice , make a crust of herbs and spices on the salmon (just the top. Paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, Chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt pepper) . Put that in a foil basket(made from a piece of foil) chuck some cherry tomatoes in and fold the top, steam in that for about 30 ish mins at 190 ish. Melt 15g Brie on top and serve. You can chuck it in a wrap/ bun or salad or stir fry veg. It's awesome!!!!! X
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I put salsa on everything--- fish, meat, ex-wife, kids, bass boat, running shoes....
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Mango salsa
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki, red onions and cucumbers.
  • sun_tzu
    sun_tzu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Healthy option is some lightly sauteed jalapenos. Less healthy option is BACON, because bacon makes everything better.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious as to how you make your salmon burger. I've never had one but it sounds delicious!
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Avacado!