Hello from Manchester, England!

Options
Just started my journey to get back in the shape I used to be in. I was almost the heaviest I've been at 19.7 stone (275.8 lbs) on Monday and after three days I'm already down to 19.1 stone (267.4 lbs). Delighted to drop a good bit of weight right away, but don't worry I've been eating my calories - over in fact some days, but I've been working out daily! I plan to get back down to my best weight which was 15 stone (210lbs) - I'm 6ft 2" so this weight looks just fine for me I'm not chasing a six pack or anything like that!

I have a job that requires me to sit for long periods of time at a computer (coding), I work for myself from home so it's been easy to fill out the food diary, just as easy as it was to look for snacks when I was hungry before.

I've felt tired and not focused on getting in shape for a couple of years, turns out I have Anemia which was making me more tired than usual. I noticed when I was trying to go the gym before and almost passing out, I knew it didn't feel right. I have since had iron tablets from the doctors and feel my normal self again so it's time to get back in shape.

I'm setting small goals to get to to help me see it in small steps. Berlin next weekend (stag do), Best man at a wedding next month, holiday in Turkey late August. I'm just trying to get to each point and stay on track. I've got three friends and my sister signed up already, we can get the job done together. I don't see this as a diet, but a lifestyle choice. I want to feel healthy and not be worried about how I look in clothes. I want to feel good, you live once, be the best you.

Good luck to everyone on your journeys! Let's get this done! Loving the app! :#

Replies

• lmxxox
    lmxxox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well hello and congrats on the weight loss thus far! You sound extremely motivated and I wish you the best on your journey. <3
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hi from Stoke on Trent. you sound like you have just hit the spot where "this is it" and you are movitvated, committed and informed to make the change - well done and I hope to hear updates regular :-)
  • Mollart2
    Mollart2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I could not be more in the right mind frame right now - long may it continue!

Jakicooke, I'm originally from Stoke (Burlsem) - small world! Your picture is at M Club, right? :)
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am not far I'm in Altrincham Cheshire. Good luck on your journey, I'm restarting mine, but struggling at the moment, so feel free to add me and we can keep each other going :smile:
  • Mollart2
    Mollart2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele, my girlfriend works in Altrincham - not far at all! Don't give up!
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hi Manchester... Guildford here!
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Manchester....I'm also Manchester! Your def right it's a lifestyle change...we just have to remember that lol!!
  • boothrachel
    boothrachel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello im from Bolton so near Manchester iv used the app but never been on the forum I got 1 more stone to shift but it is proving stubborn lol :smiley:
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hey Bolton, I'm Oldham lol
  • katherine_jenkins_
    katherine_jenkins_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm from Staffordshire, so not too far from you. Good luck with everything! :)