TX New Girl - I can't believe what I ate yesterday....

X4Me
X4Me Posts: 2
edited 8:08PM in Introduce Yourself
Wow... seeing the number of calories in that Jack in the Box Breakfast Bowl, bowled me over!!! :-( What have I been doing to myself?

Hello from TX. I'm new to this whole thing. I've never really dieted before, because I've had this one excuse... totally lame now that I think about it, but life has never been "so hard" or uncomfortable for me as an overweight girl/woman. Now though, I think about it- and maybe I've been decieving myself. I live in a 3rd floor apartment, and just because I can climb those stairs, doesn't mean it will always be that way- and I probably shouldn't be out of breath at the top.

I run an office, I'm at a computer all day, and I work 6 days a week. I don't get lunch breaks, where I could go home and cook something real quick, and it hurts to admit that I've gotten so lazy. Lazier? Ugh. If I'm at a plateau, its no wonder. I desperately need to get out of the fast food / convenience racket. How though? Any suggestions, encouragement would be so appreciated!

I'm going to try this calorie counting thing, and make a promise to "move it." No excuses after being in an office all day, and getting home and saying "I'm tired." Must MOVE!!! I actually have a Wii Fit at home.... I did it for a while. I actually lost 12lbs. But I didn't see it???? Has anybody been there before?

Here's to today! Here's to tomorrow, and here is to not (*#&$ up the holiday weekend going back to bad habits!

I always liked this quote:

"Eating crappy food isn't a reward -- it's a punishment."
— Drew Carey

Time to just realize that I DESERVE BETTER!

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    I have been using MFP for a year now. The best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Don't get down on yourself if you have one crappy day just know that tomorrow you can start fresh. The more you log your food the more you are conscious of your decisions. It's hard at first and it's hard to keep pushing on. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Even if you just start out by going on a short walk everyday just start moving. Keep your head up and keep pushing!!!! :happy:
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Friend me! I'm also a Texas gal.

I always eat fast food... I haven't stopped eating it just because I'm on a diet. I've just dedicated lots of time trying to find healthy alternatives for my life "on the go".
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    A lot of people lose quite a bit and don't notice it.... its hard to notice the weight loss because we see ourselves every day.... its not until clothes stop fitting and little tasks get easier that we really notice. Best of luck.... try out the Wii Fit 30 minute island free run... thats about the best workout the Wii Fit can provide, IMO...
  • bevvykins
    bevvykins Posts: 11
    I too am from Texas, though I currently live in GA! You can lose weight on fast food! I work fast food, but you just have to watch what you eat, stick to more chicken products.. They still are high in calories but most are lower in calories than a burger. Good luck! I'm new too and I stepped on my wii fit for the first time in a month and I lost 17 pounds! You can do it too! Hope to see you make some progress!
  • hi im new to this .but love it ....it has been awsome
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I'm also in Texas. Feel free to add me
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I am a Texas girl too! Born and raised. I think counting calories is a great way to hold yourself accountable and it really is shocking to learn how many calories are in some things!!!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    im here in texas too and i understand what you mean. i have been at this since january and i am just now starting to notice a difference after 36 pounds. its hard at first but stick with it, it will get easier! feel free to add me if you'd like some more encouragement!! and good luck!
  • X4Me
    X4Me Posts: 2
    Thanks everybody! It is so neat to get honest, sincere encouragement from others. Not just friends and family who love you and say you're just fine the way you are. I'm going to go take a walk around the building now, I THINK THATS WHAT HEADSETS ARE FOR RIGHT? I can still take the calls! ;-)

Movin' it, to be Losin' it! XO From Georgetown
  • bevvykins
    bevvykins Posts: 11
    Feel free to add me as well! I need buddies to encourage me!
  • MindiKat
    MindiKat Posts: 49
    I'm a Texas girl too, born and bred. Funny you mentioned the Jack-in-the-Box bowl. We went to Applebees last night and I ordered from the 2-for-$20 and my dinner by itself - no drink or appetizer - was 1600 calories. I ate 1/4 and still had no appetite for cake.

For me, logging food has made me UBER aware of what goes in my mouth and how much I didn't count. As our nasty Texas heat is creeping up and this gross humidity hangs around, I'm trying to be creative when it comes to exercise.

Feel free to add me all you Texas ladies. I, too, need all the motivation I can get.
This discussion has been closed.