Fitness watches ????

Options
what fitness watch do you use ???

I'm looking to buy a better one so far I've had a Fitbit one & a misfit shine

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a numbers wonk and need a muti-sport device..... Garmin 910xt (+ cadence sensor for bike)
  • AChildAtHeart
    AChildAtHeart Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I had a Basis Peak and like it a lot (enjoyed locking the daily habits) but it was bulky and wonky about syncing. It just died recently so I got a Microsoft Band. I know it's an also-ran, but its features are amazing and I don't find it as uncomfortable as people say, probably because I'm used to the giant Peak. I actually bought a cheap Windows phone to pair it with so I can use the Windows apps. It's a lot more interactive than Peak or Fitbit, which my husband has. I love the fact that it has GPS too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have just been out and got a Garmin FR 225, very excited to use it!
  • nicklippa
    nicklippa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Like Brian, I am a data freak and my multi sport device is the Polar v800. The fitbit's and misfits are great entry level devices but when you get serious about exercise go Polar or Suunto or Garmin with a Heart Rate monitor.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What activities do you do? What data points do you want to track?
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I wear a Fitbit Charge HR and an original Pebble on my left arm. The Pebble keeps the Fitbit further up my arm where it's suggested you wear it. It looks ridiculous but I kind of like the slightly goth-metal look of two black straps going across the bottom of my wrist.

But yeah this is my setup until a watch that does everything both the Pebble and Charge HR do and integrates well into MyFitnessPal and gets good reviews shows up on the market.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I use my iWatch (sync's with MFP app on phone too). But, it also serves as my music device, and debit card too.

Yes, they are expensive, but worth it, imo.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I use my iWatch (sync's with MFP app on phone too). But, it also serves as my music device, and debit card too.

I agree. If you have an iPhone there is nothing better than the Apple Watch.

• leatricescherri
    leatricescherri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    nicklippa wrote: »
    Like Brian, I am a data freak and my multi sport device is the Polar v800. The fitbit's and misfits are great entry level devices but when you get serious about exercise go Polar or Suunto or Garmin with a Heart Rate monitor.

I've looked at the polar watches but they all had the heart rate monitor with the chest strap and I didn't want the chest strap but I do want the heart rate monitor :-/
  • leatricescherri
    Options

I seriously thought about getting one but it does too much for me I just want to track my fitness I don't need all the other stuff plus I'm starting to swim so I need something that will hold up in the water and I don't think it does that then again I could be wrong ! Have you gotten yours wet ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nicklippa wrote: »

I've looked at the polar watches but they all had the heart rate monitor with the chest strap and I didn't want the chest strap but I do want the heart rate monitor :-/

FR225 then, has a wrist HRM
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have the latest Garmin w/ HRM. Love it!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Apple watch can get wet with no problem and people have used theirs swimming. But, swimming voids the warranty and it doesn't track anything in the pool anyway. To track swimming you will need a high end garmin for about $450.
  • leatricescherri
    Options
    I wear a Fitbit Charge HR and an original Pebble on my left arm. The Pebble keeps the Fitbit further up my arm where it's suggested you wear it. It looks ridiculous but I kind of like the slightly goth-metal look of two black straps going across the bottom of my wrist.

But yeah this is my setup until a watch that does everything both the Pebble and Charge HR do and integrates well into MyFitnessPal and gets good reviews shows up on the market.

I'll look into the Fitbit charge HR. Is it waterproof so I could go swimming with it on ?
    I saw the newest pebble on my flipboard and it looked really cool
  • leatricescherri
    Options
    What activities do you do? What data points do you want to track?

I just started back working out but cardio: cycling , rollerblading, swimming, dance & elliptical also weight training .so I'm looking to track my calories burned ,my heart rate , times , track my distance , & also count my steps and movement throughout the day while I'm at work
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    none...I would like to get myself a really nice bike computer though.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What are you looking to get out of it? What will you be using it for. If it's cardio, the chest straps are better at getting an accurate heart rate. Polar are water proof to 100 ft. If you want to track swimming, the polar A300 does that along with your heart rate . The fitbit is not waterproof, even tho people have swam with them if anything happens to it, it voids the warranty.
    Also the polar will link to most cardio equipment with all the sensors except the H6 to display and control the level/inline/resistance of most cardio equipment.

http://www.heartratemonitors.com/

http://www.polar.com/us-en

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-90051951-Fitness-Activity-Tracker/dp/B00TXHZIAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435253124&sr=8-1&keywords=polar+a300&pebp=1435253128395&perid=0PKHVBNDAPHK4X63BQ0P
  • mymadfatdiary94
    mymadfatdiary94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about Nike+Fuelband??
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about Nike+Fuelband??

It seems okay for day to day activity.

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'll look into the Fitbit charge HR. Is it waterproof so I could go swimming with it on ?

Unfortunately no, it's "spashproof" but you can't swim or shower with it on.