College weight gain /pcos

Options
Hey had anyone dealt with gaining the freshman 15 or found out they have or may have pcos.

Replies

• brittymo433
    brittymo433 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I just graduated from College and that's where I started gaining all my weight was about the time I was a freshmen. But you can totally avoid the freshmen 15!! I just found out I have PCOS and I was so frustrated bc if I would have known I could have done things differently! My doctor recommended a low carb diet which has worked for me so far! Also make sure to exercise everyday even if it's walking for 15 minutes! You'll be fine (: you can do it. Add me if you would like!
  • natashahaggerlester
    natashahaggerlester Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been dealing with pcos for 12 years now and I just keep working harder, eating cleaner, and getting fatter.
    All I can say for me is that it doesn't seem to matter what I eat it matters what I burn.
    I'm determined to make it this time.
    Good luck with your journey and feel free to ask anything :smiley:
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been overweight all my life and only found out 3 and a half months ago that I have PCOS. So far I've been able to lose 17.5kg (38.5 pounds) since I found out. I've been following a book called 'The Fat Revolution' which is low carb, high natural fats and is highly recommended for PCOS. I also do weights rather than cardio (low weights, high reps) 4-5 times a week. These two websites have helped me a lot to understand what is going on inside my body and how it affects me. www.pcosdiva.com & www.pcosdietsupport.com
    Feel free to add me :)
  • marymensah24
    marymensah24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is my main weight gain I was sad when I didn't know what was going on and I have been exercising I try and wake up early but I start my summer job soon
  • marymensah24
    Options
    Thanks I will try and look at those websites I have lost a few pounds I hope I can lose nearly that much :#
  • AdvAakanksha
    AdvAakanksha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe I too have pcos.. :( bt regular physical activity , controlled eating, green tea has helped me..
  • marymensah24
    Options
    I drink green tea but it taste weird idk if it's the brand I bought