40 down, 100 to go!

Options
adolphsem
adolphsem Posts: 13 Member
I started my latest journey 100 days ago at 305 pounds. I had long ago accepted the fact that I would be fat for the rest of my life. Therefore I didn't care one lick about whatever I ate. Every day consisted of Whataburgers and Sonic shakes.

The turning point for me was when I responded to a fire call (I'm a fireman) and it was my turn to drive the fire truck.
When I got behind the wheel, I almost didn't fit in the seat because the seat was so close. I tried and tried to adjust the seat and move it back, but it wouldn't go. Unable to wait around too long, we left the station with my stomach rubbing the wheel. I found out later that the seat was as far back as it could go. That really opened my eyes to the fact that I was too fat to fit into a FREAKING FIRETRUCK.

When I first started using MFP, the first week was the hardest. On the first night my stomach was literally aching from hunger. The only thing that got me through at first was being able to snack on "Lil Cutie" oranges. I was eating them left and right every day. I started going to the gym right away, but I was a little aimless as to what I was doing. I even attended a spin class ( I thought I would die at the end of the warmup).

But here I am now, 40 pounds lighter. I'm already feeling much better and (I think) even looking a lot better. I don't have very many "before" pictures because I was ashamed, but I am now learning to take selfies at every opportunity.

Thanks for all of your support!
2r2hrjyycohg.png

Replies

• cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What a great update - and yes, you look fantastic in your progress picture. Keep up the good work
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!! Keep up the good work, oh and I'm glad I don't live in the South because Whataburgers are freaking fantastic!!
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, you should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • VandyGear03
    VandyGear03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a huge change! You look so much younger! Great work.
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Big difference!
  • nanalisa58
    nanalisa58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this encouragement
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job keep it up
  • ClaudiaM2015
    ClaudiaM2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done! You do look much better but more importantly you look much happier! There is still a long way to go but take your strength and motivation in the future from your past success! Be consistent and patient and you will see that you'll be reaching your goal in no time at all!. Good luck!
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You should be very proud of yourself!

What helped me realize I needed to get healthy was trying to keep up with my kids! That was my turning point.

I've also been in MFP a little more than 100 days and lost almost 40 lbs!

The best of luck to you!

7los63jgq9j7.jpg
    tjsvxszbcm0e.jpg
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, man!!!!
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can really see a tremendous difference in your face!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • cosettecole
    cosettecole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep going, keep fighting! Woot.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same man! The shape in your face changed so much. You just radiate happiness in your "after" picture. Thank you for sharing your story with us and thank you for your fire service! :smile:
  • NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look like a completely different person... happier, healthier, and younger!! :)
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Stories like this make me think this is the best website ever. So many awesome people!

You look great dude!
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the hard work. It's working...you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!