calling all 5'4" 140-150 pound ladies who lost weight!

Options

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You'll have to let me know what 140 looks like! I'm at 162 from 190 so I am halfway to goal! But honestly I think at about 150-155 I will feel pretty happy. Anything above 160 and I get a little jiggly :)
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    You guys are awesome!! I'm struggling SOOOO badly to get out of the 140s...I think i'm honest enough about logging my food but not exactly measuring it.
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Heya, I'm 5'4" and got really really stuck at 140. Then again at 135.

The biggest thing was being very strict with my logging and weighing of food. I had to stop eating at the salad bar and eye balling my lunch. I weighed everything the night before, packed lunch. I weighed everything that could possibly be put on a food scale-and I started losing again. I also didn't lose weekly, it would sometimes take 3 weeks for the weight to drop, so I would say to also be patient if you're logging properly.

Also, I was going over on the weekends. So I started eating at a weekly deficit, shaving off 100 calories during the week so I could eat above maintenance on Saturday. Once I got to 140 I always kept a .5 lb per week goal, and continued lifting in order to save as much LBM as possible (looks hotter).

this helps A LOT! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Options
    43 years old and 5'5.

I started at about 160 five years ago, got down to 125, felt a little too thin, leveled off at 135-145 with heavy lifting and was happy there, but injury and depression helped put weight back on. I'm working to getting back around 135 again. I currently run 3x a week and lift heavy 2-3x a week (ideally 3, but sometimes life gets in the way) and eat about 1900-2000 calories when I log, and take weekends and major holiday off. I don't pig out when I don't log, but don't fuss over every calorie or macro. For instance, I'll just grab a handful of pretzels or chips instead of weighing an exact serving, or cook dinner without weighing and measuring everything.

6ad6c2e1h785.jpg

hyecrsz2vx1z.jpg

wow!!!! you look amazing!! i'd love to see more pictures from everybody!
  • wildflowerherbal
    wildflowerherbal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and have gone from 154lbs which looked chubby on me to 140lbs in a linear fashion in a few mths which looks quite slim on me especially for a mum of 2. my goal is around 125 or 130 and it does slow as you have less to lose. The first 5lbs evaporated ! Now it's a daily effort.
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    [quote="
    I'm 5ft 4 and have gone from 154lbs which looked chubby on me to 140lbs in a linear fashion in a few mths which looks quite slim on me especially for a mum of 2. my goal is around 125 or 130 and it does slow as you have less to lose. The first 5lbs evaporated ! Now it's a daily effort.

congrats on your weight loss. I'm the same height and start weight, how did you achieve the weight loss and how long it took you ?
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5'4 working mom of three.

Started in Mid Janurary at 152lbs, wearing size 8.

From Jan to March I used MFP food deficit only and got to 133lbs. From there I decided I needed to get ahead of the plateau so I added exercise (fitnessblender). March was still tough as I celebrated my workouts too much.

By April I was back on track and am now happy with the scale at 124lbs. My size (fitting a 0), and starting to put a little more strength training focus on my 'problem areas'.
    Options
    5'4 working mom of three.

Started in Mid Janurary at 152lbs, wearing size 8.

From Jan to March I used MFP food deficit only and got to 133lbs. From there I decided I needed to get ahead of the plateau so I added exercise (fitnessblender). March was still tough as I celebrated my workouts too much.

By April I was back on track and am now happy with the scale at 124lbs. My size (fitting a 0), and starting to put a little more strength training focus on my 'problem areas'.

I would LOVE to be in the 130s! I've never been. I'm eating at a deficit now and strength training.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I am struggling to get out of the 150's. Always gaining and losing the same 3 pounds. Last year I was 145 but 3 pant sizes smaller. Ugh to go back to that would be great, but it took me a year to gain 7 pounds of pure fat so I can't expect it to happen over night. I am just struggling a lot with self image. I am a sz. 13 pants and a medium top. I gained most of my weight in my thighs, hips and belly. You all look terrific!!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I with you on this struggle!!! I am 5"3.5 and started at 154 but got into the 140s ok and then got stuck for months. At first staying between 148-150 then down into the 145-148 for months and now down to 143-145 so change is happening but at a ridiculously slow rate. I really am wanting to get below 140, partly because I am British and being in the 9 stones sounds so much better than the 10 s lol but also to be less than my husband!. My main aim is to be around 135. It may be very very slow but what I do know for sure is that I am fitter than I was ten years ago, very important now I am in my 40s.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 but I wanna play! I started around 160 after two kids, started mfp @ 153. I'm now 129 and aiming for around 115 :) MFP is awesome for me because as long as I weigh my food I can eat anything.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started on here at 146 pounds, I'm currently around 143 and would like to get down to around 130. I don't think I've been below 140 since I was about 11 so even though it's only a few pounds its a big deal for me. I did hit 140 a few years ago through basically being really unhealthy and not eating, as soon as I started eating again I put it all back on and then some, so I want to do it healthily this time round :)
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here's my story... I'm 5'4" and a working mom. I was on MFP several years ago and got down to a size 8ish. Over the years I yo-yoed but stayed mainly around 150s. I was comfortable with that. I got put on some meds for depression last october and ballooned up to 195.6lbs. Heaviest I have ever been. I got back on MFP about a month ago and I am down about 10lbs. About 35-45 lbs left to go. It's not coming off easy at all but I'm logging everything and working my booty off...literally. I really hope and pray that I can get down to a healthy weight again and I am soooooo mad at myself for gaining all that weight :(
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3.5" and started at 153 back in January. I feel like I've lost at a pretty steady pace, but have been hovering around 131-129 for about 3-4 weeks (not a big deal as I'm set to lose 0.5lb per week anyway). I set a goal of 128, so I'm very close, but I'd really like to keep my maintenance weight below 130 if possible.

For the record, I have not seen the 120's in my adult life before now. The lowest I even saw in the past was 130. So happy!

My fitbit helps with calories burned for sure. As I get more fit, I burn fewer calories doing the same workout. I recently went to a class at a local gym that was 45 minutes of circuit-based strength training and only burned about 180 calories in that time. When I run 5 km in 30 minutes I burn almost 350 calories. OP, I bet if you added in some cardio to your routine it would help you burn some extra calories that might be enough to give you a boost. I don't think I'll consider completely giving up cardio completely until I hit my goal. Then I'll work on recomp.

I know my weightloss has slowed now because of my weekend "binges" (mainly moderate amounts of alcohol and late-night munchies that go with it, but also dinners out and bigger breakfasts). I try to allow for them through the week but last weekend I went over by too much and ate only just below maintenance. I refuse to let my social life suffer because of my calorie counting though.

I keep telling myself its about developing good habits and having a plan I can sustain without feeling deprived. I really feel like I've mastered that and if I have to carry an extra 5 lbs on me to keep up the social eating/drinking, so be it! I'm much happier and healthier with 25 lbs gone :)

Good luck to you! You can do it!
    Options
    kailyw05 wrote: »
    I am 5' 3.5" and started at 153 back in January. I feel like I've lost at a pretty steady pace, but have been hovering around 131-129 for about 3-4 weeks (not a big deal as I'm set to lose 0.5lb per week anyway). I set a goal of 128, so I'm very close, but I'd really like to keep my maintenance weight below 130 if possible.

For the record, I have not seen the 120's in my adult life before now. The lowest I even saw in the past was 130. So happy!

My fitbit helps with calories burned for sure. As I get more fit, I burn fewer calories doing the same workout. I recently went to a class at a local gym that was 45 minutes of circuit-based strength training and only burned about 180 calories in that time. When I run 5 km in 30 minutes I burn almost 350 calories. OP, I bet if you added in some cardio to your routine it would help you burn some extra calories that might be enough to give you a boost. I don't think I'll consider completely giving up cardio completely until I hit my goal. Then I'll work on recomp.

I know my weightloss has slowed now because of my weekend "binges" (mainly moderate amounts of alcohol and late-night munchies that go with it, but also dinners out and bigger breakfasts). I try to allow for them through the week but last weekend I went over by too much and ate only just below maintenance. I refuse to let my social life suffer because of my calorie counting though.

I keep telling myself its about developing good habits and having a plan I can sustain without feeling deprived. I really feel like I've mastered that and if I have to carry an extra 5 lbs on me to keep up the social eating/drinking, so be it! I'm much happier and healthier with 25 lbs gone :)

Good luck to you! You can do it!

This was very informative!!! Thank you so much!! ☺️
  • carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5' 4" and have been stuck at 141 lbs for weeks - would be great to be in 130 lbs. Have a Fitbit and average burn 1800. Glad I read this thread - think I my weekends undo my good work!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    carole4000 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 5' 4" and have been stuck at 141 lbs for weeks - would be great to be in 130 lbs. Have a Fitbit and average burn 1800. Glad I read this thread - think I my weekends undo my good work!

That was a huge thing for me at 140! I had to make sure I was weighing and logging everything so carefully, shaving off 100 calories during the week, so I could have a day at maintenance over the weekend but still stay in a deficit.
  • lmhump
    lmhump Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hear ya I broke 140 last week ... 139.8 and this week despite trying to stay as on track as poss and 139.4 ... The last 10 pounds are a hard road.
    I'm 5 5
    Friend me .... Let's try and stay on course together

For me it's the weekends and social situations wine isn't my friend when it comes to control
    Options
    lmhump wrote: »
    I hear ya I broke 140 last week ... 139.8 and this week despite trying to stay as on track as poss and 139.4 ... The last 10 pounds are a hard road.
    I'm 5 5
    Friend me .... Let's try and stay on course together

For me it's the weekends and social situations wine isn't my friend when it comes to control

Yes!!!! The weekends absolutely get me! My fit bit has shined some light on it though...I've had it about 3 weeks and I lost .5 a pound last week so we will see!
  • wrabbit007
    wrabbit007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 13 days postpartum after baby #2. Am 6 pounds away from my pre-baby weight of 165. My goal weight is 135 (my weight before baby #1). Still healing from giving birth but am looking to slowly get back into a workout / healthy eating routine. Looking for a 'buddy' to keep me motivated, on track and inspired!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!