Stuck at this weight - help!

Options
I've been doing P90X for 30 days now, and have been using MFP for about 15-20 days. During this time, I've only lost 4 pounds - I'm usually a person who loses 3 pounds/week when I put my mind to it. I'm not sure why this is different, but I just can't break through this plateau. I've lost inches definitely, but when you're 60 pounds overweight, you should still be dropping pounds. I'm not one of those people who just have to tone up, so I don't know why the scale isn't moving.

I know I shouldn't focus too much on the scale, but I'm sorry, I refuse to believe that I will be toned and slim at over 200 pounds!

HELP!! My diary should be public, but let me know if you can't see stuff in there. There's one day I didn't enter food, and one day I didn't enter 100% of my food, but the other days should be accurate. Thanks!!

Replies

• pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Just be patient!!!! Since your using MFP I can tell you are doing things the right way already. I used to lose that kind of weight a week but it was BS really because I wouldn't keep it off etc..
    I say if you can lose weight fast you can gain it back even faster depending on what your doing.
    The scale will move but just not as fast and because you will be watching what your eat and recording it one here it will
    be easier to know where and why you are at. Awesome on the p90x.
    I have never done it but have heard good things. I run so until my knees give up I am going to stick with that.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if you've lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks or less... you're doing great! 1-2 pounds per week is the best and healthiest way to lose. Don't get down. Just keep going!!!! Good luck on the P90x... I've never done it, but it's killer!!!!
  • mgcline00
    mgcline00 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just read your post and wanted to offer an angle......You may be burning a lot more calories than you think and may be placing your metabolism in starvation mode if you're not getting enough fuel.

Google calories burned doing P90X and enter that manually to your exercise log....then try eating all of the calorie allowance it gives you for a week and see how it goes. I know it seems crazy to eat that much, but bodies are crazy machines. If you can eat enough fuel then you'll start burning reserves.

AND.......P90X builds muscle.....and it's totally true that you'll put on a lot of muscle in the beginning. I have been using a personal trainer since January 15 and have lost 3.1% body fat and only one pound. That equates to me putting on about 7 pounds of lean muscle mass. You will equalize eventually. Once you get your muscle mass in check, the weight from fat will start to melt away.....as long as you eat enough and drink about a gallon of water per day.

Hope this helps!

MGCline
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its really not long enough to say "stuck"...keep doing what your doing and see if you lose another 4lbs by the end of next month..4lbs is all you can expect really per month..anything more is just a bonus
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Bump. In the same boat. Keep at it!! You are doing great!!
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water? I have about the same amount of weight to lose, and water is essential for me. I have had a few rough weeks where it seemed like I wasn't losing and one week where I gained. Stick to healthy food, vegetables and fruit, some of the low cal processed foods don't work well. I'm new too, but I know that if you stick with it you will lose the weight. You can do it! :happy:
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Agree totally with this comment FOUR pounds is a grrreat weight loss for 15 to 20 days in don't give up your doing a fab job!:drinker:
  • Katelyn824
    Katelyn824 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    check out this website http://healthrecipes.com/stomach.htm
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Agree totally with this comment FOUR pounds is a grrreat weight loss for 15 to 20 days in don't give up your doing a fab job!:drinker:
    +1
    This is not even in the same universe as a plateau!
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I do get what you're saying about 4 pounds being really good, but *for me* it's terrible. Every time I've stuck to a good diet and exercised, I've dropped weight like crazy. The reason why I gained it back was because I went back to eating crap. So while 4 pounds might be good in general, for me it's not the norm, which is why I'm frustrated with it. And I lost it all in the first week and then have done nothing for the next 3 weeks, so it's not like I lost 1 pound per week or anything.

I feel like I'm making really good food choices and I actually bumped my calories up from where MFP had it they gave me 1380 calories and I gave myself 1500 because in the past that's what's worked for me. I know I should be happy with the inches lost, but I don't want to be a slim 222 pounds LOL!!
  • wchapin
    wchapin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I walk on the treadmill 5-7 days a week, have been using MFP for a month and maintaining my caloric intake. I have not lost any weight. I have tried varying my routine by adding more aerobic activity but have not seen much change. I have been exercising for almost 20 years so I will not stop because my body and mind is too use to it. But I am wondering if my body is conditioned to expecting the walking or stairclimber routine that I use to do. I swim in the summer for additional variation. I drink at least 8 glass of water a day and have eliminated pop entirely from my diet. I have about 35 pounds to loose.