Help! Need to lose weight for my September holiday and don't know where to start

Options
oysterpots
oysterpots Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I've recently separated from my husband and have been comfort eating for about six months. It's now got to the point where I'm quite overweight - around two stone over my goal weight.

I'm planning to go on holiday mid-September and would love to look half decent. Actually, I just want to be able to fit into my clothes again.

By my reckoning, I have around 10 or 11 weeks to shed a significant amount of weight. What's possible? And where do I begin?

I make most of my meals from scratch and I work from home, which means I'm not that active.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,
Lottie

Replies

• stfennell
    stfennell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started two weeks ago and have been diligently tracking my food and activity. I've lost 4 lbs already. You can definitely loose weight, so you can enjoy your September Holiday.

Since you are cooking from home, that is a big plus. Try to separate your total calorie goal for the day into 4-5 meals and eat every 3-4 hours. Keep your carb, protein and fat within your given goal range for each meal. For me it is 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. Most of my meals are around 250 calories and I do eat every three hours.

Use this program to build your meals within your calorie and nutrient guidelines. Also, try to make better decisions on the quality of food you are selecting, for example nuts and avocado for fat vs cheese. Try to make your comfort foods with in the guidelines, so you don't feel you are missing anything.

Three years ago I followed this program with a nutritionist and had great results (17lbs within 3 months). I stress eat also and that is why I put some of the weight back on. I had to find some other activity to turn to instead of food.

Try to get more exercise.. at least 3 times a week. Set something that is an easy goal at first. Do you have fitbit or another activity tracker that links to this. It is a great motivation tool.

The more you log everything in the better results you will have.
    Good-luck and I hope this helps.

Susan
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    First, set realistic expectations. So you want to lose 2.8 lbs. per week when you are 28 lbs. from your goal weight. That is not realistic. Set a goal of 0.5-1 lb. per week.

Second, get a food scale so you can accurately measure your food and log how much you are actually eating. Most people struggle with accurately guessing portion sizes.

Third, find some time to exercise. Do it after you are done working for the day, or before you start. Even if you can never leave home, there are exercises that you can do right at home.
  • mymadfatdiary94
    mymadfatdiary94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    the most important thing is that you keep yourself motivated all times.. you should believe that you're strong enough to overcome every obstacles