Think you have trouble with YOUR teen?

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
Check out what one kid in our area has been up to:
http://www.king5.com/news/Mason-County-teenager-arrested-for-shooting-dad-with-bow-and-arrow-122658154.html

Mason County girl arrested for allegedly shooting dad with hunting bow
by Associated Press
Posted on May 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM

TAHUYA, Wash. -- A teenage girl has been arrested in Mason County for allegedly shooting her dad with an arrow after he took her cell phone away.

Detectives say the man told officers that his 15-year-old daughter used a hunting bow to shoot him Wednesday evening after he grounded her and took the phone. He's listed in serious condition at a Seattle hospital.

Deputies say the girl fled into woods behind her home with the bow and arrows but a SWAT team surrounded her and arrested her for investigation of first-degree assault.

Replies

• Linnleex3
    Linnleex3 Posts: 20
    Options
    OhEmmGee! That's crazy!! :O
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow - I thought guns shot people.

My teenager is actually pretty good - moody at worst. My soon-to-be teenager may be another story.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    That's crazy!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    Lesson: If you take your teen's cell phone away, make sure there are no weapons in or near the house.

My son back the car into the fence-that's seems a little less dramatic now.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow. They ought to go ahead and lock her up now. :devil:
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    if my 5 year olds attitude is ANY indication of what he will be like as a teenager, then i am locking him up right now :grumble:
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    And that is why I'm scared to have kids....I was an angel and somehow I just know I'll get a devil child. <lol>
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    wow!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    They're talking about it on the radio here right now. Not mentioned in the article is that the girl tried to prevent her dad from getting help after she shot him.

I sure am thankful I have the two teens I have and not this one!
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Options
    Ohmygosh, that reminds me of that horrible (really good, but horrible!) book We Need To Talk About Kevin. They are making it into a movie, I'm almost scared to watch.

Kids scare me!