Anyone use the 8 Hour Diet (aka Intermittent Fasting)?

Options
2»

Replies

• nwalbers
    nwalbers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dtopo wrote: »
    What is the best time to workout when doing this plan?

You can do your workout whenever it works for you, I have tried fasted training and fed training and I have had the same results either way. Give both a try and see what works for you.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've just tried it for a week but decided yesterday that I cannot stand it. I did it from 12pm to 8pm and found like a previous poster that when 8pm was nearing I would panic and try to eat what I could asap as I knew I would be hungry for the next 16hrs. I also only lasted a week on the 5:2 lol That was even worse! And no, I havent lost weight as yet on them!
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice from Dr Sara Solomon on her website, lm currently doing the daily 16/8 fast go todrsarasolomon.com
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    FibroGurl wrote: »
    I've just tried it for a week but decided yesterday that I cannot stand it. I did it from 12pm to 8pm and found like a previous poster that when 8pm was nearing I would panic and try to eat what I could asap as I knew I would be hungry for the next 16hrs. I also only lasted a week on the 5:2 lol That was even worse! And no, I havent lost weight as yet on them!

my brother is the same way. he eats from the time he wakes up until the moment before he goes to bed at night. he stays within calorie goal, but probably eats every 1-2 hours. he's a grazer, and in excellent shape/health.

• P90XBowler99
    P90XBowler99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I friggin love it also! It's pretty awesome, feel free to add me IF folks :D
  • massiminiwilliam
    massiminiwilliam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jimmyftw94 wrote: »
    I've been doing this without even knowing that I'm doing it. I just skip breakfast and have a bigger lunch and dinner, done.

I'm the same way. I usually skip breakfast, have my lunch at 12 and have dinner around 7:30. I've been doing this completely unintentionally. But I am about to start an exercise regimen and won't be able to get enough calories maintaining this, so I won't continue it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I've done this without even knowing what I was doing or that it was even a thing most of my life. I'm a natural no-breakfast person, so I normally eat for the first time around noon to 1:00, and then I'm usually done for the day around 6-7. Very rarely I may eat something small after 7. (Friday nights I will drink some alcoholic beverages now and again, though.)

It sure didn't stop me from getting as heavy as I did.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've also been doing that without actually planning it. I have breakfast around 11, lunch around 3, and dinner before 7. I also have an AM and PM snack. I just don't like eating early in the morning or late at night. I don't know if it has helped me lose weight, but it hasn't hindered the effort, either. In the end, if you are at a calorie deficit, I don't think it really matters too much whether you do it or not.