Lost weight, looking different but no budge in inches

Options
So two months ago I started to do something active everyday simply to feel good, and I've settled into a "non-routine" of Pilates twice a week, Yoga twice a week, strength training on just the machines + one lifting class 2-3 times a week, tennis, and some daily cardio (varies 25-90 minutes.)

All the movement motivated me to start eating a deficit this month (I am doing 1600-1700 calories a day, tracking very accurately; stats are 5'9", 27 year old female, hourglass, endomorphic body type, 241 starting, now at 232). I'm mainly eating nutrient dense foods but leaving enough room to "play" so I don't burn out. I'm down 9 pounds and today my Pilates instructor said she physically notices a huge difference from two months ago.

BUT, I am not down inches at all. I've read that you can't lose weight AND build muscle at the same time though I am steadily lifting heavier, doing moves in Yoga and Pilates that I couldn't do two months ago. I feel stronger and everything is tighter and... less jiggly (hehe). I'm starting to look like those size 16 plus size models who are overweight but FIRM. It just seems like the data (in measurements) is not adding up though.

What's going on?

Replies

• beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Perhaps areas you are measuring haven't changed. I'm very similar I've lost 17lbs and gone down a dress size but from my waist, hip, leg and arm measurement I haven't lost any inches. However its gone from somewhere as I can definitely get a smaller size on! Am not going to worry about it though those areas will gradually reduce - Great news on the weight loss though so I don't think you need to either!!!
  • elleelise
    elleelise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!! Glad to know other people experience this too. A pair of too-tight jeans fits me now so I know I'm getting smaller. Just wasn't sure how it pans out with weight training and muscle mass when on a deficit.

Congrats on your loss! :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Measuring isn't an exact thing, either. Tape placement and how tightly we pull the tape can vary widely every time we measure.

I've lost 46 pounds and swear that I still measure the same. Except my waist. That I can measure somewhat accurately. My hips and bust? I'm hopeless.