PCOS - need friends to encourage and be encouraged by!

Options
hi I'm 36 and have PCOS so constant battle to keep Weight down. Need friends to encourage and be encouraged by!

Replies

• kacc24
    kacc24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there...I will send you a request. We will succeed!
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 32 and I suffer from PCOS and hypothyroidism. I'm in need of friends that can help motivate me and I can help motivate. Please feel free to add me.
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You have it from me! I'm back on MFP, after being gone a year, because I "now knew myself so thoroughly, there was no way I could mess it up!". I've been over 200 lbs, most of my adult life, and lost all of my "goal weight", thanks to MFP. Since stopping counting calories and keeping track of how many calories I'm burning, I've yo-yoed between 150 to 130 lbs, on a weekly basis. Not healthy, and not good for mental health. I encourage you, from one human being to another, to stick with the website, even if you don't always stick to your goals. I already feel better, and this is my first day back on!
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't have PCOS but had a friend that did. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS too. I have been overweight since my teens. Finally starting to get control of my weight. In the last year I've lost 64 lbs. I'm happy to give support and be here if you have any questions.
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 31 years old, married to the best man in the whole world, and the mother to a perfect 2 year old princess. I also have PCOS. I am currently at the heaviest I have ever been at 240lbs. Hubby and I are wanting another baby to add to our family and I know I need to lose this weight in order to get pregnant.
  • hbaer88
    hbaer88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello all, struggle with pcos now for 4yrs. Am always looking for new friends to help each other on this journey. I was at my highest at 198 and have lost 8lbs so far. Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • RebelJD
    RebelJD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and after no success losing weight with just diet and exercise (I trained and ran a half marathon and didn't lose a single pound.) My doc put me on Met about two weeks ago. Since then, I've lost about 5 lbs. I'm going to add all of you lovely ladies so we can encourage each other!
  • Maelynn1990
    Maelynn1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 14 and endometriosis since I was 20. I'm 25 now. My husband and I are trying to have a baby. My doctor wants me to get my BMI down to 40 before she'll put me on any fertility meds. This will require me to lose 60 lbs from the time I last saw my doctor (3 weeks ago). She started me on metformin at that appointment. I started taking it about 1.5 weeks ago and have already lost almost 20 lbs. I am also exercising daily and only eating 1200 calories a day. Only 40 more lbs to go! I am so determined to make this work. I'd love some extra support! Thanks, ladies! ♡
  • brittymo433
    brittymo433 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! My name is Brittany and I am 22 from Ohio. I am newly diagnosed with PCOS. It's a scary thing to hear but reading all of your posts is making me feel better and more confident that I too can lose the weight. I need to lose about 80 lbs..I love the motivation and support! We all can do it together! Add me (:
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and i had my endometriosis lazered off. I have 3 children and since then I lost 42 lbs. I have just started taking metformin
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 21 and am from Melbourne, Australia. I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 and a half months ago. I've lost 17.5kg (38.58 pounds) so far with much more to go!

Anyone feel free to add me :) let's all beat PCOS together!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I don't really know what to do with that information.
  • alyshalise
    alyshalise Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, endometriosis, a hypothyroid and was just ( this past friday) diognosed with celiacs.
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    alyshalise wrote: »
    I have pcos, endometriosis, a hypothyroid and was just ( this past friday) diognosed with celiacs.

alyshalise I have coeliacs as well. It's really common for people with PCOS to have coeliacs or some form of gluten intolerance. 2 X fun inflammatory diseases!
  • clairepfitness14
    clairepfitness14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Add me on Instagram too: clairepfit <3
  • SouthernGirl00
    SouthernGirl00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 18 years ago.Its been a struggle for sure.Thats why I love myfitnesspal.But what I hate the most is when you go out of your way to add people with the same condition for motivation and they delete you for no reason.We are suppose to support one another and help people who are struggling.I do log my food everyday for the last 175 days.No I do not complete my entry everyday but you can still see what I eat everyday and I just like to see what others are eating compared to what I eat..
  • PunksterRachel
    PunksterRachel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and I was diagnosed at 20, but had symptoms as a teenager. I want to drop about 50 lbs. I'll add you and we can do this together!
  • MeganRobinson0322
    MeganRobinson0322 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS for nearly 5 years now, and just now started to try to lose weight. I have been doing workouts for 3 weeks now, and neither seeing or feeling any changes. It's kind of discouraging for sure. You can all feel free to add me if you'd like. Encouragement is greatly needed! :)
  • ayeholmes
    ayeholmes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 23 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have lost 30 pounds and have plateaued out :neutral: I'm not sure what meal plan or work out regime I should try. I'm glad I found people with the same problem. Add me if you like :smile: