Frustration I can't lose more than 2 lbs

Options
I am counting calories, going to gym twice a day. However I can't seem to drop more than 2 lbs....very frustrated. I guess I need to lower my calorie intake to 1,000 per day :-( Any advice?
Am I burning enough at gym 400-600 per day?

Replies

• samanthabeth17
    samanthabeth17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having same issue here. I cut out my calories from 2,000 to 1,000 per day and now I'm eating a lot of vegetables and fruits to see if I actual lose 2-3 pounds in 2-3 weeks.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    No one should need to drop calories to 1,000 a day unless you have a condition that a very knowledgeable doctor is treating.
    If you're not losing weight, things that are possibly happening:
    You're expecting results too soon, or too on schedule - loss takes time, and it doesn't happen linearly.
    You're not weighing your food and you're underestimating the calories.
    You're experiencing water weight fluctuations, more an issue for women depending on their cycle.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I know this gets posted a lot, so maybe you've seen it around already, but I really like this flowchart:

zh6v6b8bspyl.jpg
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?
  • grannymeemers2234
    grannymeemers2234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wanting more than two pounds a week can be unrealistic. Cutting calories and over exercising can stall a loss. TRUST ME I KNOW! The stress of you worrying about it can cause a stall as well. Take a breath, measure your food, and exercise 4 times a week for 30-60 minutes and eat no less than 1200 calories a day.
  • joekitie
    joekitie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your replies, I am on day 22. I had some great days. I guess you guys are right I am expecting the miracle Special K drop 10lbs in 2 weeks. I like the flow chart, that helps. I will just keep watching what I eat without starving myself, I drink more water!!!! Thanks again for the advice...It really helps.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it takes longer than 3 weeks.

It took me six months to lose 10 pounds. A full year to lose 20.

You've got to be ready to be in this for the long haul if you really want it.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 7lbs to lose. If that's correct, you shouldn't be trying to lose more than 1/2 a lb a week. Reset your goals and start measuring and weighing your food. Then weigh yourself again in a couple weeks. Don't expect overnight results.