2»

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TonyPillz wrote: »
    TonyPillz wrote: »
    Coming from someone who's been doing it for a couple years, yeah you're doing it wrong. Google it so you can learn to proper way to do that program.

Or you could tell me what i've done wrong? Why would i go to google when i've got a experienced person right here telling me i've done it wrong lol.

Where do you think all of expereinced persons got our information from?

But surely you'd rather share in your wisdom and explain to me what i did wrong , rather than tell me i'm wrong and direct me to google , that's like telling a child they made a error on their algebra and telling them to google the answer rather than be taught it by someone who knows what there talking about on a personal level lol.

Yes, but your not a child just learning the basics of an education. You are a grown @$$ man that needs to learn to do things for himself rather than expect everyone else to do it for him. I'm giving you the tools to fish for yourself rather than fish for you. Eat up!
  • limetree683
    limetree683 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OP - there is an entire website that discusses the programme in depth, including information on how to do the lifts correctly and safely. I'm all for helping people, but if you're serious about this programme it is surprising you haven't done any basic reading around it.

www.stronglifts.com
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary
    ;here is your summary
    down load the app

you are doing it wrong.

But jsut to be nice cause I am just feelin' it today

Workout A

Squat 5 sets of 5 reps with a rest between each set.
    Bench Press 5 sets of 5 reps with a rest between each set
    Bent over Row see above

All these should be heavy enough that you are struggling on the last rep of each set

Workout B

Squat see above but add 5lbs from last time
    Overhead press 5x5 see above
    Deadlift 1x5...NOTE 1x5 not 5x5

Next workout A add 5lbs to each lift
    Next workout B add 5lbs to last squat workout, 5lbs to last OHP and 10 to your deadlift.

starting weight is dependent on you...start with an empty olympic bar if you want but 90lbs for DL.
  • follyman
    follyman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    With low weights 20 minutes isn't bad. My routines in the beginning were about the same(hard to go slow when squatting ~100 lbs). When you start lifting heavier you will need more rest and the sets will take a little longer. My only suggestion would be to put secondary lifts(bicep curls) at the end of your workout; reason being so you can be sure to maximize the compound movements first. When it starts getting heavier you are going to not want to finish some days and the added exercises should be dropped first(IMO).

Don't let people discourage you. Stick to the basics of the program and mold it to work for you, even if that means tossing my advice out the window. It's your journey not mine. :)