Six-Pack Journey

Options
Hey! I'm trying to get my six pack, I have never had one, and made a promise to myself to try as hard as i can. Hope to meet people to get tips and keep me motivated.

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a six pack, it is just that most hide it under a thick layer of fat!
  • thop83
    thop83 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get mine as well. Working pretty hard and I've lost most of the fat that covers them anyway. Looking to do a recomp to fully get them where I want them to be!
  • Pedropasillas
    Pedropasillas Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know we all have one, the fat is the problem. Been working out twice a day and dieting. It's just that the closer i get, the harder it gets.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wish I could come out and play too. But - I lost a bunch of weight and my belly area is sadly covered with loose skin that will never go away without surgery or some cosmetic procedure. Sooooooo PISSED because my body fat is pretty low overall and Im lean and vascular everywhere. Except for the !@#$%^ loose skin BS. UGH!

Good Luck to you, OP. You'll get there. Its hard but you can do it.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you want it that bad you can do it. Diet is the most important part, keep eating in a calorie deficit while keeping protein levels up so you dont lose muscle and work out until they show. Also everytime im in the gym i end with ab routines. They are the muscle that get worked the most, 4-6 days a week with 100-200 reps of various routines.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I know we all have one, the fat is the problem. Been working out twice a day and dieting. It's just that the closer i get, the harder it gets.

My point is that you have lost 35 pounds and have 24 more to lose according to your profile. Stick with the weight loss, how hard you work out won't accomplish anything unless you lose the fat.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'd like to find mine, it's been missing
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Oft repeated MFP axiom "Abs are made in the kitchen."

Eat at deficit.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Oft repeated MFP axiom "Abs are made in the kitchen."

Eat at deficit.

+1
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Me too, but I find I just keep shrinking...