Should I order Insanity Max 30?

Options
ds6099
ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
I'm still confused, and I sound like a broken record. I'm a former runner- about 35 miles per week. Now I'm post partum and would love to lose 15 lbs and get back into exercise. Will I regain my fitness with Insanity Max 30, being that it's only 30 minutes a day? And will I lose weight if my calorie level is in check?
I'm so torn since it's so expensive! Wanna make sure it's worth it.

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight if you are eating at a deficit. Doing a HIIT program like Max 30 will improve your endurance and with proper form you should see an improvement in your fitness level as well. Max 30 is a great program. I've done it twice now and still love it. It does come with a diet program or if your diet is already good, you can follow that and just do the program.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to spend too much money, the Jillian Michaels dvds are pretty cheap and she does similar stuff. I just bought a set of 6 from Groupon for $40. The 30 day shred program gets alot of good reviews. I was going to give that a go when I cant get to the gym.

If you were fit going into your pregnancy, you should regain your fitness quickly. It's always easier when you were in shape vs someone completely new. Running you will have to build back up of course.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I found it for under 70.00 in many places on the net... You can get back into fitness doing any thing, this included. If you can't afford it, try going to youtube or even body building.com...

I would not pay 120.00 for this.. I am using a lifting a program that is awesome from beachbody and it only cost 40.00 bucks, best 40.00 I ever spent.
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Post deleted....
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just one more thing- is Max 30 more intense than a half hour of running at 6 mph?
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In my opinion month 2 is definitely more intense than if I just go out and run for 30 mins. Think total body workout vs your legs and core stability. I sent you a message as well with more info.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »
    Just one more thing- is Max 30 more intense than a half hour of running at 6 mph?
    You can't compare the two of these workouts, imho. They are both 2 very different workouts. Running at a "steady" 6 mph, is totally different than doing a HIIT workout such as Insanity Max 30.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner as well, and I really, really hated Insanity Max 30. I don't think I ever finished a full workout, and it wasn't a matter of the workout being too tough. I just did not like the program at all, and to me, it wouldn't be worth the money. I had previously done T25 and hated that as well, so I'm not sure why I thought I'd give another Shaun T program a chance. I don't like the way he arranges his workouts and the fact that the program has you working the same areas of the body hard every day means that it's rough on your body. I personally saw much better results with a different program that had a better format and schedule that included resting/recovery days, which are vital for muscle repair.

Honestly, as far as the weight loss, you can do that by using MFP. For the workouts, I think there are a variety of programs out there that would get you where you want to be and are 30 min or less. A lot of people recommend fitness blender, and I think I remember seeing a Daily HIIT workout somewhere on the web.

If you have the means and really want to do Max 30 because it appeals to you, go for it. I think it's a waste of money.