Anyone up for a juicefast challenge

Options

Replies

• WillLoz
    WillLoz Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's stupid, unplesant, unnecessary, maybe unhealthy and expensive. I can see the appeal. Good luck :)

This is the very reason why I want to do it. The unpleastness of it makes it pleasurable afterwards.

That said its no more stupid or unheathly than the what the average person on the street consumes.

As for it being expensive. Thats subjective don't you think. Then you whole post is subjective.

• WillLoz
    Options
    WillLoz wrote: »
    My fruit source was mainly water melon but be warned its dierutic and you will be i the toilet every 15mins. Hehe ..

Oh! Well in that case I'm in!!

Not really. Have fun with your dehydration and diarrhea.

Why will i be dehydrated when the very essence and core of my regieme invovles drink no less than 8 litres of Juice. Sure watermlon is dierutic but in your haste to post over looked the part where i said my fast will be based on a 80% veg and 20% fruit consumption.

So if I consumed 1 cup of watermelon juice against 5 cups of vegetable juice you think I will be dehydrated? I was going to laugh but I'd rather smile as my teeth just aren't that white to show the whole world.

Perhaps too much wine from the Mendoza grape festival? :)
  • WillLoz
    Options
    Hell no!

Why if I may ask?

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    My fruit source was mainly water melon but be warned its dierutic and you will be i the toilet every 15mins. Hehe ..

Oh! Well in that case I'm in!!

Not really. Have fun with your dehydration and diarrhea.

Why will i be dehydrated when the very essence and core of my regieme invovles drink no less than 8 litres of Juice. Sure watermlon is dierutic but in your haste to post over looked the part where i said my fast will be based on a 80% veg and 20% fruit consumption.

So if I consumed 1 cup of watermelon juice against 5 cups of vegetable juice you think I will be dehydrated? I was going to laugh but I'd rather smile as my teeth just aren't that white to show the whole world.

Perhaps too much wine from the Mendoza grape festival? :)

8 litres of juice?!?! PER DAY?!?!
  • golilovesgod
    golilovesgod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Occssionally I like to test my limits. Life has no limits so it's good to disprove the adage now and again. ;)

So I am thinking perhaps a juice fast during the summer. Lets face it this is about the best time of the year to do it.

1 did 3 days juice fast but gave up. I hasten to add only because of social pressure. I guess it will be easier if this was done in some sort of group.

My target is 7 days. Anyone ready to go along the ride say next month?

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    No thank you- I like to chew my food.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Occssionally I like to test my limits. Life has no limits so it's good to disprove the adage now and again. ;)

So I am thinking perhaps a juice fast during the summer. Lets face it this is about the best time of the year to do it.

1 did 3 days juice fast but gave up. I hasten to add only because of social pressure. I guess it will be easier if this was done in some sort of group.

My target is 7 days. Anyone ready to go along the ride say next month?

It's stupid, unplesant, unnecessary, maybe unhealthy and expensive. I can see the appeal. Good luck :)

This is the very reason why I want to do it. The unpleastness of it makes it pleasurable afterwards.

That said its no more stupid or unheathly than the what the average person on the street consumes.

As for it being expensive. Thats subjective don't you think. Then you whole post is subjective.

If you want to do something unpleasant, drop a sledge hammer onto your right foot.
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    8 litres of juice?!?! PER DAY?!?!

No, that's the amount for the wine fast. I suspect that he meant 8 liters of juice over the entire fast.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I had to go on a juice fast in order to get a colonoscopy. If I had to say which was better, it would be the colonoscopy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dangerous for diabetics.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I had to go on a juice fast in order to get a colonoscopy. If I had to say which was better, it would be the colonoscopy.

lmfao
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a positively horrifying week, but hey, malnutrition for the win!

Rigger
  • golilovesgod
    golilovesgod Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I juice! I love juicing and am also going to do a juice challenge. I am obese, so I have alot of weight to lose. I am going to be doing a 90 day juice fast, starting July 1st. We can start together and you can stop when ever you need too. I did the 90 days last summer and lost 26 Lbs. Juicing along won't help unless you exercise too. The weight only started coming off when I started adding 30 mins of walking to the juice fasting. Good luck to all who want to do a juice fast. Rather it's for a week, 30 days or the full 90, good luck, and God Bless.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I juice! I love juicing and am also going to do a juice challenge. I am obese, so I have alot of weight to lose. I am going to be doing a 90 day juice fast, starting July 1st. We can start together and you can stop when ever you need too. I did the 90 days last summer and lost 26 Lbs. Juicing along won't help unless you exercise too. The weight only started coming off when I started adding 30 mins of walking to the juice fasting. Good luck to all who want to do a juice fast. Rather it's for a week, 30 days or the full 90, good luck, and God Bless.

Good lord. WHY!!!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I juice! I love juicing and am also going to do a juice challenge. I am obese, so I have alot of weight to lose. I am going to be doing a 90 day juice fast, starting July 1st. We can start together and you can stop when ever you need too. I've did the 90 days last summer and lost 26 Lbs. Juicing along won't help unless you exercise too. The weight only started coming off when I started adding 30 mins of walking to the juice fasting. Good luck to all who want to do a juice fast. Rather it's for a week, 30 days or the full 90, good luck, and God Bless.

So nothing but juice for 90 days? That sounds horrific.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

So you lost about 2 pounds a week. Which you could have done eating actual food instead of only drinking juice. Seems legit. Sorry about all the lean mass you lost.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Well, there are many ways to slowly kill yourself. This is definitely one of them.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Holy barf city
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Well, there are many ways to slowly kill yourself. This is definitely one of them.
    Killing your soul and drive to live, for sure. :cold_sweat: