sugar

Options
deejo82
deejo82 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone, i have looked in previous posts but not found what im looking for. I was just wondering why my sugar goal changes every day? Some days it is higher then others.I am trying to lower my intake. Besides fruit, what is your go to sweet but low sugar snacks?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    To answer the first part I would think it is due to each days calories changing due to activity levels.

I don't track my sugar but I enjoy sugar free jelly with my cake some times :)

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Because sugar is a carb, when you input exercise your calorie goal changes, and carbs are a prime source of energy. I'd quit tracking sugar and just track carbs instead.

Rigger
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's 15% of your calorie goal.

I'm not worried about sugar, but I sometimes enjoy a protein bar as a more macro-friendly and filling alternative to a dessert or sweet snack (or fruit).
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1027478-why-do-my-daily-nutrient-values-and-my-calorie-goal-change-when-i-log-exercise-
    "The calories added to your daily goal are divided among the various nutrients such as fat, carbs [including fiber and sugar], and protein, which is why these increase when you log calories from exercise."
  • deejo82
    deejo82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone. That makes sense.
    I will give the carb tracking a go too. I just wasnt moving on the scales while staying under my calorie goal so i thought maybe sugar was the culprit.