16:8 Meal Ideas?

Options
Hey everyone!
Today is the first day I am implementing the 16:8 IF "diet". I realized I am a little unprepared with my meal plans. Do any of you fellow IFers have any meal ideas that you would like to share? I think it's probably normal to feel lost right at the first day but here goes nothing! Also, my stomach is ready for breakfast..how do you handle hunger pangs? Much appreciated!

Sara

Replies

• CoffeeSlayer
    CoffeeSlayer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    IF is not a "diet" it is an eating schedule. I have done 18:6 for about 9 months. All it helps me do is stay in a deficit and eat more at night when I want to eat. It actually follows my natural eating pattern quite nicely so it was never a struggle. I found that not having to worry about what and how much I was going to eat all day let me relax a little. IF allowed me to actually recognize for the first time what real hunger was instead of trying to eat on a schedule that stressed me out. Stay within your calories there is no special magic to IF.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That I know. What I was asking is when coupled with training and cardio you need to have certain macros certain days. I am curious how people figure their meals for this.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    That I know. What I was asking is when coupled with training and cardio you need to have certain macros certain days. I am curious how people figure their meals for this.

IF doesn't change your macro requirements.
  • saramichelle89
    Options
    the Leangains guide says that when you train you must have high protein, high carb, low fat. On rest days low carb, high fat, high protein? Is this not correct?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    the Leangains guide says that when you train you must have high protein, high carb, low fat. On rest days low carb, high fat, high protein? Is this not correct?

Macro cycling is a strategy for very lean people trying to get leaner. There is no research that i'm aware of that it even works.

It's certainly not a requirement.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Hey everyone!
    Today is the first day I am implementing the 16:8 IF "diet". I realized I am a little unprepared with my meal plans. Do any of you fellow IFers have any meal ideas that you would like to share? I think it's probably normal to feel lost right at the first day but here goes nothing! Also, my stomach is ready for breakfast..how do you handle hunger pangs? Much appreciated!

Sara
    Your food window can be any part of the day.
    For example, you can eat breakfast and lunch and start the fast after lunch and eat again the next morning. That works for some people. Choose meals high in protein. Get fats and veggies too.
    ===
    At any rate, it might take a few days to get the hang of this. :)
    Do not try to be perfect. That would be silly.

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I run 40%C 30%P 30%F and typically try to get more carbs on lifting days, more protein on rest days. Other than that I just eat 1-2 meals in my feeding window.

Rigger
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    40/30/30. Coffee in the AM. Big salad at 2 pm. Sometimes a small snack around 5, like a piece of fruit or cheese wrapped in deli meat. Dinner around 7. Snack at 9:30-10ish--chicken nachos, cereal, bread with peanut butter, whatever i need to round out my macros + make sure I eat at least 2/3 of my exercise calories.

ETA: -61 pounds, mostly while following this plan.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sara

What drew me to 16:8 is that I have always been the type to skip breakfast and eat a late lunch. I do not experience hunger pangs--occasionally if I stay up too late, but then the solution is obviously to go to bed.
  • saramichelle89
    Options
    Wow great success barbequesauce! I am really hoping that I experience that kind of success. Thank you everyone for the answers! I am excited about this journey!