going to the gym

Options
I need someone to push me to get my butt to the gym. I'm so lacking the motivation.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How do you think an internet person will push you to the gym? Come round to your house ?
    the best motivation comes from you and undersanding why you want to get fit. Find soemtheing you like and then it wont take as much motivation.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Join a group on MFP that is in your area. :) Maybe you can make a gym buddy! :)
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Going to the gym is awesome. When you go often the employees get to know you and that's encouraging on it's own. I go often enough that almost everyone who works there knows me. Working out takes effort but when you're done you feel like you accomplished something even if you get a bit sore. You know you wanna go, I know you wanna go. Get off your @$$ and get to the gym!!!!!!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Get off you *kitten*, go to the gym. NOW!!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I need someone to push me to get my butt to the gym. I'm so lacking the motivation.
    I have to be up at 350am three week days a week to get my training in and I am in the gym at 6am on Sat/Sun.

It's what? 430pm in Ohio where you live and you are not motivated to get in?

SMH
  • jlebyrne
    jlebyrne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've gotten to the point where the gym is a part of my lifestyle and so I go even if I don't particularly feel like going because it's something I just have to do, before work, after work, days off, on weekends, mornings, afternoons, nights. You'll feel a lot better if you go even if it's only for 45 minutes or so. You'll come home feeling accomplished having been to the gym and burned a few calories. It's better than doing nothing. You'll just feel guilty if you don't go and I'd honestly rather go to the gym and workout even when I'm tired and not in the mood than experience the guilt trip if I stay at home.

Either that or find something at the gym you like and stick with it whether that's cardio, lifting or a class. If you find something you like you'll be more motivated to turn up and do it.