Sooooo slow

hi everykne my name is Lucy and I have lost 27.4 kgs so far 19.3 using my fitness pal. I stick to 1200 or less calories a day walk very briskly for an hour 4 times per week I only ever have one "cheat" day usually Saturday and that's only a shared dinner out with my husband and a few drinks. My frustration is I'm losing weight so slowly . Not even half a kilo per week today's weigh in was 100grams. I know it's a loss and won't stop me it's just so annoying. I still have 15 kgs at least to go

Replies

• tsalagi82
    tsalagi82 Posts: 76 Member
    I had to cut out cheat days altogether and just be absolutely 100% consistent in order for the scale to budge. Sucks, but that's life. :/
  • DarcyHamlin
    DarcyHamlin Posts: 18 Member
    Girl, I so hear your frustration. At least you're losing. I lowered my calories last week and have been working hard to keep below my new reduced goal but this morning the scale was UP!! Grrr. All I can say is that the body is mysterious and often has its own needs and agendas separate from what our mind thinks it should be doing!! Good luck and keep us posted.
  • lucytaylor21
    lucytaylor21 Posts: 2 Member
    I know how frustrating that can be I've been there too! Sometimes it just doesn't make sense does it. Thank you for your encouragement and right back at you, you keep going
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    Hi Lucy, I think the issue is that you are eating 1200 calories or less a day. This may put your body in starvation mode, thus lowering your metabolism and your body is trying to preserve whatever energy and nutrients it has because you might not be eating enough. Start by maybe eating 1300 calories a day instead and see if any changes take place in a week or so and don't be afraid to even try 1400 calories a day on the days you work out. Your body needs the energy, make sure you don't deprive yourself :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    realize your weight didn't go on overnight, it comes off slowly. Take pleasure in persevering. That is what separates those who keep pushing forward from those who throw in the towel :smile:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have also stopped the cheat days. For me, its my sneaky way to just backslide. To each their own though.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Starvation mode is a myth. It is simple science your body requires a certain number of calories to function. If you eat less calories than you need it takes from fat stores to make up the difference. That is 100% accurate with zero room for things like starvation mode. Cheat days can be bad news. Lets say you need 1700 calories to maintain your current weight and you eat 1200 all week except one day. Now on that one day you eat 2700 calories (so easy to do with a couple drinks and desert thrown in) For 6 days you cut 3000 calories but in one day you ate 1000 of them back. Instead of losing 1lb a week for your efforts you now only lose 1lb every 2 weeks. You really only cheat yourself when you cheat. I understand date night. I have those with my hubby too but I eat off the light menu and I don't drink or do desert.

The other issue is ensuring you are accurate with your measures. Are you weighing your food? I know it seems like every one on here harps on that but there is a reason. All of us who successfully lost large amounts of weight had to weigh our foods for a while to get use to portion size. Cups, visual aides, spoons, ect are not accurate. When you look at a box it might say 50g in a serving and 2 servings in the box but if you look on the front it has 130g in the box. If you ate the box and it had 150 calories per serving and you calculated 2 servings you would be 100 calories short of what you actually ate. These kinds of errors are common and really really effect your weight loss goals.