P90X Ab Ripper

melizerd
melizerd Posts: 870 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I know the real answer is get a HRM but that's not in the budget right now. So anyone have any idea on a ball park on the AbRipperX, I did between 15-20 of all the exercises, and 40 of the mason twists at the end.

I'm pretty sure my 4.5 year old son did more than I did (LOL).

I just feel weird if I don't mark SOMETHING down to show I did something, I need the visual reminder that I'm working out even if the calories burned don't matter KWIM?

I'm a 28 year old female and I weigh 181lbs right now if that matters for guessing.

Replies

• They actually have a pretty good hrm at Walmart for 30-40 bucks. Works pretty good for me.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Type in "sit-ups" in the exercise search - something similar to "Calisthenitcs (push-ups, sit-ups), vigorous" should show up - log it for 10 minutes. That should give you a fairly accurate calorie burn (without having a HRM)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    They actually have a pretty good hrm at Walmart for 30-40 bucks. Works pretty good for me.
    Which one do you have?
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    My burn for Ab Ripper X is ~75cals (for frame of reference, I'm 5"3, 133lb). I do all the exercises.
  • bkassing1
    bkassing1 Posts: 8 Member
    It isn't significant. Just keep pushing play.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    My burn is about 79 calories - I'm 5'7 and weigh 207
  • hippo421
    hippo421 Posts: 45 Member
    Personally, since it is not a very long video, I wouldn't bother logging it as far as calories- if you do, I would guess 30-40 calories. I'm sure it increases your metabolism by doing it, but I don't think the calorie burn from just that is very significant. No need to "eat" those calories back in my opinion. Keep doing it though! It's good for you! Are you doing any of the other vidoes? Or just ab ripper?
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    My burn is right at 100 cals for the entire workout. I am 37, 5'5" and weight 136.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    I have the rest of the videos but they terrify me so I thought I'd start slow and do this a couple days a week. I do cardio 4-5 days a week already.

I'm not looking for the calories to eat them back (since I don't have a HRM I only eat back about half my calories if I feel the need to). I just need to log something so I can see and "prove" to myself that I did something :D
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    If you want a HRM, I would try looking at craigslist or another used site in your area. I got a brand new one for $50 yesterday, that is regularly priced at $120.
  • They actually have a pretty good hrm at Walmart for 30-40 bucks. Works pretty good for me.
    Which one do you have?

I think it's the S7? It's at home but it has a baby blue color on there. One touch, no chest strap. it's not bad, but it has trouble reading my hr when I'm sweaty under my watch. Which is the very reason I don't wear watches!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I am 5'2" and 157, and I did the full 90 days of P90X, and I was always between 90 and 120 calories burned using my Polar FT7.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    I am 5'2" and 157, and I did the full 90 days of P90X, and I was always between 90 and 120 calories burned using my Polar FT7.
    I'm 5'8" and 190 and am on week 5 and am in that range as well.
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member

I am 5'2" and 119 , and this is pretty accurate. That's around what I burn
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    They actually have a pretty good hrm at Walmart for 30-40 bucks. Works pretty good for me.
    Which one do you have?

I am not sure what's your budget but this is the one I have and I find it to be pretty accurate
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oregon-Scientific-Smart-Heart-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch/6051181
This discussion has been closed.