Veggie "Meatloaf"

Options
Was anyone tried baking a whole batch of a veggie burger recipe to get a "Meatloaf"? If so how did it turn out?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've made this vegetable "meat"loaf before, and it came out great and also freezes well if you make it into muffins or slice and freeze.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It was pretty good. It was a little too squishy though and I think it might have been the veggie meat I used. I recommend you use the frozen kind like Morningstar and not the kind that comes from a tube.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    There are tons of veggie loaf recipes out there. I make lentil loaf with a variation of this recipe all the time.

http://thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-ultimate-vegetable-lentil-loaf.html

I usually leave out the pepper and add mushrooms (finely diced), plus up the other veggies, and I double the recipe and bake it in a 13x9 pan. I vary the seasonings and cook it longer. The last batch I made, I added a lot of smoked paprika and topped it with barbecue sauce. Half of the recipe is still in our freezer.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I make a lentil loaf similar to Peachy, I also make a 'meat' loaf with tvp. It tends to set up better if you use a flat baking dish rather than the traditional loaf pan. Also, it sets up better if you refrigerate overnight. The top loaf is great for 'meatloaf' sandwiches.