Celiac disease friends!

Options
Hi guys! I have celiac disease and lupus, and I'm looking for people to support/motivate, and those that would be willing to do the same for me! I'm really struggling with not eating gluten, as well as losing weight, but I've got 260 pounds to lose, so let's get to this!

Replies

• sunshine4u229
    sunshine4u229 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Getting off gluten 100% is so hard. I have undiagnosed celiac. And its SO hard to stick with GF foods.
    the first month i was 100% off gluten i dropped 15lbs without exercise or other dietary restrictions.
    Lately ive been indulging and I'm paying for it... its never worth it.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The temptation never really outweighs the consequences for me... Eating gluten leaves me miserable for two or three days. It is never worth it! I have learned how to bake and cook just about anything I might be tempted by anyway.

Are you just newly diagnosed?
  • garretbeeck
    garretbeeck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Since December of 2014.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can send you the best blogs for recipes.
  • njnz
    njnz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been a celiac since I was 18 (now 26) and I found that I went through stages while going GF. At first when I didn't really know how much damage I was doing to myself when I ate gluten I would be like "its ok, just this one meal" or that "one treat". And then after a while when I was going long periods with no gluten I would really start to see and feel how bad I felt and looked when I did break and now I just don't want to touch the stuff because I know how bad it will make me feel. I think it was about 2-3 years ago that I started to have this feeling. So all I can say is hang in there, be strong about not having any gluten and if you do, note how your body reacts and make sure to remember that the next time you feel you need gluten....hang in there, it gets easier.
  • alyshalise
    alyshalise Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was just diognosed on friday last week :(
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It will be easier to avoid gluten once you have been off of it for awhile, healed and have that first run in with it. It will be horrible and you will not want to repeat it.I have nightmares about eating crackers and pizza.

I am undiagnosed, but I get rashes, migraines, stabbing stomach pains, muscle aches, some depression/anxiety and my weight shoots up about 15-25 pounds in one or two days when I have it.