Replies

• RowlP
    RowlP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have ft4, love it!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7, it's great for just working out but I've mostly switched to a Fitbit so I have a continuous tracker
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I have an a300 and I don't know how to do anything on it yet. They don't really come with user manuals.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have the F4 and it's perfectly fine. I thought about getting the F7, but decided I have enough gadgets and data syncing to various websites and that I didn't need it. My F4 has been reliable and I guess accurate enough to keep me in maintenance.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    If you own a smart phone get the H7. It will also transmit to most of the new Polar watches.

I retired both of my old Polar watches a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure I'll never go back.
  • thisis4pal
    thisis4pal Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to have a polar loop with the h7. Loved it and then lost it. Waited 6 months and got the m400 watch. I love it. I cycle all the time , play dodgeball and do dragon boat racing so having the ability to switch sport profiles and show different stats from the watch is really convenient. I like that it tells me when I have been sitting too long too. Sucks that I have to manually transfer polar cycling data to strava though..
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    If you own a smart phone get the H7. It will also transmit to most of the new Polar watches.

I retired both of my old Polar watches a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure I'll never go back.

This! H7 is fantastic!
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    I have an a300 and I don't know how to do anything on it yet. They don't really come with user manuals.

Manuals are online
    literlover wrote: »
    any favorites or recommendations?

I have the V800, have used the loop, and the FT80, I'm very satisfied (as you can see :smile: ) with the polar brand, the deciding factor for me was being able to link up with the cardio equipment an have my heart rate control the level/incline and speed off most. I tried the H7 with my Ipod, I'd rather use the activity monitor watch.

What do you plan to use yours for? The A300 (no gps, reads heart rate under water) M400 (gps no heart rate under water, and has sports profiles) the V800 (does it all but may be a bit bulky)

• hmmilligan
    hmmilligan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Polar H7 without a doubt! Amazon has best price.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The H7 is the way to go. It works with most fitness apps and it will also work with polar activity trackers and gps watches.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4 and it's pretty great. What I do is use the Heart Rate range display (that shows if you're in "the zone" or not) on the watch as motivation when doing P90x3 routines. But at the same time I have my Fitbit Charge HR further up that arm in the exercise mode. I don't log the Polar calories as since I'm not doing steady state cardio most of the time throughout the routines it's greatly inflated, but I find the Fitbit numbers are much lower and more accurate so i just let those carry over to the MFP calorie adjustment.