Getting weaker

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
I have been going to the gym for 7 months now. I upped my weights consistently until around May. In May with no change to my diet, supplements, or exercise (I was lifting 4 days a week with 30min cardio before and after and 1 day of pure cardio) I started finding the same weights more difficult to handle. I was doing 3 sets of 10 reps for each machine and instead of getting easier it was getting harder each day. I eventually literally could not finish the reps and had to drop my weights by 5lbs. My summer schedule is different but I definitely have less energy than I usually do. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I take a women's multivitamin, arginine, chromium, and fish oil.

Replies

• Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Might need to get more nutrition out of food. Food diary maybe a little weak for your activity level. Don't count on the supplements to be giving you what you need. Just a guess...good luck to you.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I was actually gaining weight during May (like 2lbs above the average for those dates). I eat pretty healthy, lots and lots of protein, veggies and fruit. I don't avoid carbs but I am not a white bread kinda girl anymore so I get most of those from popcorn, rice, and whole grain crackers. I recently cut back some calories just to counter those gains, recomp was the goal, not gains or losses.