Frustrated.

Options
Maqneta
Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
It's been a year now since I have lost weight, (100 LB) and I still have this horrible double chin and face fat.

I was also left with Gyno (Confirmed by Doctor who won't do the surgery on me because he thinks it'll go away after another year)
he also thinks the fat in my face has not distributed and will probably go with time.

I am someone who is highly insecure and has a bad sense of BDS, I have gone for mental health but I can't feel 100% better until I can sort out the physical problems I see with my body.

I am sitting at 157.5 LB I am 6'0-6'1 I have a medium build.
idq5lbvecy6c.jpg

twe3y8wrkhx7.png

I'm not sure what to do anymore, I have been down to as little as 149 LB and it still barely made a change, I gained it back after going through a pretty terrible phase of depression and anxiety. (Stayed in my bed for a good month)

:(
ds9cxt4xdwx7.jpg

Replies

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How small do you want to be? I think you still see yourself as overweight, when you look perfectly normal to me. Maybe you just need to have a few counselling sessions and talk out your problems with a professional. By the way, congratulations on your weight loss!! :)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I see one chin and a not "fat" at all face. I think you need to speak to someone.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    And of course congrats on 100lb. That is an incredible accomplishment. You should be very proud!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think it would be helpful to realize that your mental health is causing you to perceive physical problems that aren't there. Keep going to your counselor.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am, again I'm my biggest critique, I'm seeing myself 50 lb bigger then I am
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don't see a double chin or the face fat you seem to see. I also think it is wonderful that you do not need surgery for the "gyno"..how great to not have to have a surgery!

You are also well within a healthy weight for your body. Congrats!

I tend to agree the problem is not the physical stuff but the way you see yourself...all I see is success! Keep up the mental health work, keep working on the depression and anxiety, and try to practice kindness with yourself. You have worked hard and it shows! *HUGS*
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Agree its mental, if i could see it i'd tell you straight.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you want a more chiseled, masculine look, you'll have to lift weights. :) And gain weight.

If you're going for more the effeminate look (note for others: he mentions his sexual orientation in his bio), then you'll have to deal with a softish face. Comes with the territory. :)

Your chin in normal for your face build. Start paying attention to other people's chins. Chins naturally go out, not in or flat.

By "gyno," I assume you mean gynecomastia? Lifting weights and increasing pec size makes the boobishness of gynecomastia less because the muscle mass is so much more. Just staying the same might make it go down a little in time.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I see no physical problems here. You're a beautiful human.
    Given the very nature of the way body dysmorphia works, you just won't be able to fix it in the order of physical stuff -> mental stuff. You could have whatever you consider the absolute ideal body and chances are you'd still not see it... so keep working on the mental part. Give it the best shot with whoever you're seeing now, but if you honestly don't find yourself making any mental progress, you shouldn't feel bad about seeking help elsewhere.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I don't see a double chin nor a fat face.
    You look great :)