Is this the right workout for bulking?

Options
can anyone tell me if this is a good workout for a bulking cycle?75oi96rwq1la.jpg

Replies

• JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of cardio. 15 reps on a bench press is pretty high. I'd stay in the 6-10 range just do more sets, that way you can use a little heavier weights. Find your 1 rep max and go 70-80% of that. If you want to build some muscle and strength, they both really go to together. Legs should be a lot of volume, (reps and sets) because we use them the most. Rep range for legs 12-18 with moderate weight. . I'm guessing you can go online and find a program for free pretty easily. Any program will give you results if you're consistent, you just need to find the one that fits your goals 100% and stay with it. Increasing weight, and sets as you go and don't forget about intensity.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What an odd routine. Looks like a cardio/endurance routine. 45 clean and presses followed by 60 squats followed by 45 deadlifts? Who does this?

On second glance, it looks like really light weight so definitely a cardio based routine. Seems crazy in general, and probably the last thing I would use for bulking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP - are you new to lifting ? If yes, then i would suggest looking into something like starting strength, strong lifts, all pro, etc.

the routine appears to be more of a circuit based one and would not be ideal for bulking. And 3x20 on squats…really?? That is some serious volume.

Also, you need a surplus for bulking.
  • gainthatmuscle
    gainthatmuscle Posts: 50 Member
    Options

That is a full body circuit. Not for bulking. Do 5x5's with heavy weight. Or do 4 sets 6-8 reps medium to heavy.

You must eat a lot to bulk unless you gain weight easily.

Do 2 muscle groups a day like tris and chest or back and bicep.

Always use a spotter.

You must force your muscles to grow by stressing them and giving them a reason to grow and most importantly your diet must be in check.

Gaining muscle is 80% diet