Dear lazy web,

Options
Please explain to me what a Fitbit is, if it's difficult to set-up/use, and if you'd recommend it. Or recommend something else.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    1. It's the Welsh word for "microwave"
    2. Yes, you're going to need a Phillips head screwdriver, an Allen wrench, duct tape, some bleach, a roll of garbage bags, a chainsaw, and a shovel
    3. Not really, as it turns your urine a weird color
    4. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a dog?
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There is a fitbit thread on MFP. You might try there.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1. It's the Welsh word for "microwave"
    2. Yes, you're going to need a Phillips head screwdriver, an Allen wrench, duct tape, some bleach, a roll of garbage bags, a chainsaw, and a shovel
    3. Not really, as it turns your urine a weird color
    4. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a dog?

and the real answer is... A fitbit is a device for tracking your exercise and calories burnt. You can get about 5 differnent types that do differing levels of things (check out the website, www.fitbit.com ). Most of them you wear on your wrist, and they will track your steps, distance, calories burnt and if you get a higher level one, other things too like heartbeat. They have a website where you can link up with other users and do challenges, they have a silent vibrating alarm on most of them (my husband loves this cause this doesn't wake him as well as me!) and most even track your sleep based on the amount you move at night.

I LOVE mine and highly recommend one - there's also a group on here that use them. I can't quote you prices though cause I live in New Zealand. :)

Oh, and yes, VERY easy to setup, use, and link to MFP. If linked it automatically adds extra calories to your diary based on your exercise. Best Thing Ever.