losing weight with PCOS

Options
I would love to meet some ladies on here trying to lose weight with PCOS. Currently I am on Metformin to manage mine but i would like to lose 30 pounds in order to lower or go off these meds. I have lost tenish so far, but if anyone has any tip Im all ears!! ;)

Replies

• kmccristall87
    kmccristall87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I've just joined today. I have previously lost 50lbs on weightwatchers. I also have pcos! It's certainly doable! :) xxx
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
    There is also a diabetes/insulin resistance group with some good info.
    Best to you!
  • weddedbliss05
    weddedbliss05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well. Officially diagnosed in 2007. I lost a lot of weight in 2008 and was able to have two children. Now I am trying to get the extra weight off again and control all the symptoms too. I have cut almost all processed sugar from my diet over the last month and I'm hoping for results from that!
  • Alosesit
    Alosesit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss! I am currently trying hard to eat more whole foods, keeping carbs down (i loooooove carbs) and sugar to a minimum.
  • Alosesit
    Alosesit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss! I am currently trying hard to eat more whole foods, keeping carbs down (i loooooove carbs) and sugar to a minimum.
  • LCHF90
    LCHF90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PCOS makes it tough!!!! I am keeping carbs low and have lost 60 pounds. But, have a ways to go. People without PCOS don't realize how much harder we work to lose. Good luck to you!
  • SonniMarieD
    SonniMarieD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found this thread! I'm 33 years old and have had PCOS since 19 and it's so frustrating his most people don't understand how hard losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight is when you have PCOS. I'm struggling to keep carbs lower and control cravings and bindging. Any ideas? I could use advice from fellow PCOS ladies
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, diagnosed at 14 I'm now 34. I've lost 3 stone, I've just started taking metformin
  • SonniMarieD
    SonniMarieD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I thought about switching to that pill from birth control
  • Strawili
    Strawili Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have PCOS as well, there are a few active groups you should check out on this site. :) it's difficult for us to lose weight but it's definitely possible. If you would like to be friends go ahead and add me; that goes for anyone else looking for some friends! :)
  • shabs2lose
    shabs2lose Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Alosesit wrote: »
    I would love to meet some ladies on here trying to lose weight with PCOS. Currently I am on Metformin to manage mine but i would like to lose 30 pounds in order to lower or go off these meds. I have lost tenish so far, but if anyone has any tip Im all ears!! ;)
    Hey..do you have metformin for PCOS or is it for type 2 diabetes? I'm confused. :|
  • ayeholmes
    ayeholmes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 23 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I'm currently trying to lose weight. I've lost 30 pounds and have plateaued out :neutral: Not quite sure what type of meal plan I should be on and what work out regime to try now.
  • skinnyminnyme80
    skinnyminnyme80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of WHOLE30? I have read a lot about it. I also have PCOS and have been wanting to try it, but have not yet because I'm doing another eating plan with my group at the gym. I have used metformin in the past, but never had success with it. I am sure it is because I wasn't following a "diabetes diet" as recommended by my doctor.
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Best advice I was ever given when diagnosed. Buy a book called 'The Fat Revolution'. You won't feel like you are missing out on any delicious food and will not be hungry!
    I've lost 17.5kgs(38.5 pounds) in 3 months using this book with much more to go. Feel free to add me :)