Weight loss Depression

Options
2»

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    One thing that causes mood changes during calorie deficits is not getting enough protein. Not enough protein leads to problems sleeping, moodiness, and a general malaise.
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Low carb should never mean no carb. Stick to low GI carbs like sweet potato, quinoa, grainy breads and legumes. To start with going low carb is SO HARD, particularly because your body is adjusted to the level of glucose coming in. Low GI carbs will take longer to be broken down into glucose, being released slowly into the blood stream, meaning you don't get the spike in blood sugar that you would with high GI foods.
    Eating low GI carbs and increasing your fat and protein intake will help with the hunger. Low carb does not have to mean unsatisfactory foods! I eat low carb and eat bacon and eggs, no pastry quiche, bolognese with quinoa, salad with lots of full fat cheese, avocado, meat and pepitas. I hope this helps a little. I find the book 'The Fat Revolution' really helpful as well! Good luck!
  • CatieBd
    CatieBd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You made the point elles. Thanks for everyone's help. Though I realise this has been posted on the wrong forum, but no way I can change it now. Sorry about that.
  • elleelise
    elleelise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Simple!
    Don't avoid food you like.
    Don't go low carb if it makes you feel down.

Eat the foods you like with a moderate calorie deficit.

YEP. What he said! ^