Half Marathon Runners?

Options
msstatz
msstatz Posts: 163 Member
Hi,

A friend and I are signing up for a half marathon sometime late summer/early fall. I found/made a training schedule that I plan to use, but I would like to talk with others who are also training for a half marathon. Please let me know if you are interested in starting a group for those training for a half marathon.

Thanks.

Replies

• judogrrl
    judogrrl Posts: 6
    Options
    Just did my half marathon last Saturday. I trained with the Hal Higdon novice program.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i train for halfs, one each month using the runnersworld.com smart trainer. it is a great program and fits well into any schedule but prepares you well.

good luck!
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi! I've run several half marathons. Getting ready to run the Rock 'n Roll San Diego next weekend. Then St. Louis Rock 'n Roll half in October.

Good luck to you!!
  • rizzle1986
    rizzle1986 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there!

I ran my first half in February, and plan on doing another one in October, and my first full in January. I can't wait! I'd love to start a group for half-ers!
  • bertnkathy
    bertnkathy Posts: 1
    Options
    I also completed my Half Marathon May 1st using the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training schedule. Here's the link: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/ It is great!!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have done 4 1/2's in the last year. Mostly a fast walker, slow jogger...but Love it!!!
  • msstatz
    Options
    That is pretty much the plan I am using. I just moved things around so that Mondays and Saturdays are my rest days. Do you have any advice/tips for those who are just beginning? How far were you running before you started this program? Just curious.

Congrats on your half marathon!
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Just ran one a couple of weeks ago and will be doing some more races this upcoming year so yes I will want in any group.
    Hope your training goes well. Looking to share and learn as well
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    I LOVE half-marathon. Best. Distance. Ever.

:)
  • msstatz
    Options
    That is pretty much the plan I am using. I just moved things around so that Mondays and Saturdays are my rest days. Do you have any advice/tips for those who are just beginning? How far were you running before you started this program? Just curious.

Congrats on your half marathon!
    This was in responce to judogrll. :)

Glad to see so many halfers! :) Hopefully we will be able to share some tips and secrets with each other.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my training for my first half in June.. the race is the end of September!!!! I'm excited, nervous.. whatever, I know I can do it! I only started running one year ago, and just did my first 10k a couple weeks ago! Running is awesome... crazy, but awesome. I also use the runnersworld smartcoach app on my phone. It's easy and really works!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a half, but I don't have one that I'm registered to run. I live in a rural area, so halfs are hard to come by. I am just running a lot and not really following any sort of program at the moment. I ran the Crim 10 run last August and plan on doing that again this August. I'd love to hear what others are doing to train.