American with Crohn's Disease living in Sweden, looking for some MFP friends!

Options
Kaldea
Kaldea Posts: 5 Member
Hey! I'm holding a 110 day streak on MFP but I have next to no friends on here. I think I would benefit from having people to cheer on and interact with on here.

I have lost 65 lbs so far, and though I want to lower my weight another 30, I want to focus more on BF% in that time to build strength.

I have Crohn's Disease which sucks and has made this very difficult (I am currently taking prednisone/corticosteroids which have had a negative affect on water retention and feeling generally bloated)

I would love to help others looking to keep their streaks going, or any other expats or possible people dealing with Crohn's or just looking for a friend that will absolutely be here for you!

Replies

• nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaldea, I don't have Crohns but my daughter does. Definately here for you if you want. Cheers Michael
  • Kaldea
    Kaldea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    nomad5326 wrote: »
    Hi Kaldea, I don't have Crohns but my daughter does. Definately here for you if you want. Cheers Michael

That's be great, thank you! :)!
  • sarahehall35
    sarahehall35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Kaldea! I'm on day 3 of prednisone 30 mg a day.. couldn't get my ulcerative colitis flare under control (its been 4 months). Right now I'm just doing low lactose (if any), low calorie, high protein, and low salt to combat the weight gain or water retention. Let's be friends!
  • ProudVetMom
    ProudVetMom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's. Was diagnosed 8.5 years ago. Almost died when my intestine's ruptured in April of 2011. I know how hard it can be. The pain you go through, weight loss when sick, water retention on steroids, cramps worse than labor pain, and then the fun of finally getting better to only gain all the weight in the world because your body retains everything that it use to purge.

I am sending you a fr. :) I plan on losing a total of 63 pounds and have 6 so far. I will be around for a while. I do not have a lot of tips for Crohn's but as I find anything out I will share.