the last few pounds

Options
KalayahW
KalayahW Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Time and time again I go on bulks for sports then when a different sport season is on its way I cut for that sport but it is always so painfully difficult to shed those last couple of pounds. I have always struggled with getting to my goal weight, my body has always gotten around a certain weight then stopped shedding the pounds. How can I successfully complete my cut?

Replies

• jesseyboo
    jesseyboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thing called intermittent fasting ( well i didn't just come across it....but I've recently started actually doing it) when i tell you that i woke up with a flat stomach I'm not bs'ing you! i advise you to look into that it can really help
  • KalayahW
    KalayahW Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will definitely consider it
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Consider buying a food scale. They are cheap on amazon.

I just had to purchase one as the last 4 pounds just will not go, and the food scale will help me more accurately know how many calories I am eating. When we get closer to goal, the less margin for error we have, and guesstimating just won't cut it anymore.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Consider buying a food scale. They are cheap on amazon.

I just had to purchase one as the last 4 pounds just will not go, and the food scale will help me more accurately know how many calories I am eating. When we get closer to goal, the less margin for error we have, and guesstimating just won't cut it anymore.

+1

• JamesMartyn
    JamesMartyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is great, and it's a pretty natural concept. The proper way to fast intermittently is not to decide "I'm not going to eat breakfast today", but if you're not hungry at breakfast, then don't eat. Same with lunch. If you ate breakfast and lunch time rolls around and you're completely satisfied, why eat?

Your body gets hungry to tell you to eat. Intermittent fasting is just listening to your body! It definitely makes a big difference and if you eat the right foods, you most likely will have long periods of time where you are not hungry!

Other important things to consider when trying to lose that last bit of weight when it comes to diet is what foods you are eating. I'm a big fan of the old n~1 experimentation idea. Basically, you start with your regular diet, then you add or remove one major component for a week or so and track your results both in weight and how you feel. If you cut out carbs (or minimalize them) for a week, do you feel less energetic, or did you lose/gain weight. If you add a bunch of healthy fats for a week, etc. etc.

Only you can learn how your body will react to certain types of dieting. Best of luck!

Cheers,
    - Jim
  • d08t
    d08t Posts: 43 Member
    Options
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I agree with the food scale idea. It helps cut down the margin of error.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1435340376&sr=1-3&keywords=food+scale

Less than $15! I have this model. @d08t not hating on yours (oxo makes great stuff) it might be too high a price point for some, and I don't want anyone to be discouraged from a great tool.