Bad or Not

Options
My highest calorie intake is at breakfast and lunch at then just a little for supper. Do think there are any problems with doing it this way?

Also I am allotted 1990 calories a day and then when I do my 2 mile workout twice a day I am given another aprox. 600 more calories am I still going to beable to lose if I don't use those extra 600 calories? I struggle to eat all of my 1990 the way it is.

Any advice!! Thanks

Lisa

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    My highest calorie intake is at breakfast and lunch at then just a little for supper. Do think there are any problems with doing it this way?

Also I am allotted 1990 calories a day and then when I do my 2 mile workout twice a day I am given another aprox. 600 more calories am I still going to beable to lose if I don't use those extra 600 calories? I struggle to eat all of my 1990 the way it is.

Any advice!! Thanks

Lisa
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that would be better than how my normal calories are generally alloted. I am just not a breakfast person. Don't quote me on that but it stands to reason that if you eat a large breakfast that you will have energy the rest of the day. That said are you still eating snacks? It is believed that if you eat a more balanced amount of calories throughout the day it is optimal.
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    Your allotment is not a problem. The first 110 lbs that I lost was when I used to load my calories at breakfast and lunch. You don't have to eat your exercise calories. Based on the fact that a 2 lb loss per week is considered the healthiest way to go, you 're up at 1900 per day. But some people have a little more to lose and therefore will lose a little more up front (like me when I needed to lose 110). Losing just 2 lbs a week didn't work with my calorie intake so I lost more. You probably will too.
    Hope that helps!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Not really sure on how a nutritionist would advise you on this.
    However, the Europeans typically eat large lunches and keep dinner small enough to keep you through the night. I would think this is a great plan. it stands to reason that you eat larger meals for breakfast and lunch, you need more energy for the day, and then tone it down for dinner, since you will be sleeping in a few short hours anyway. Your way would allow you to burn off more of the calories you eat.

About eating all your calories, its probably healthy to try and come in the same ballpark. Youre only depriving yourself of nutrition if you dont. I know were all dieting, but the body needs a minimum amount of everything to stay healthy!
  • jgstephens
    Options
    Probably best that you eat your calories early. I always eat a big breakfast but usually just snack for lunch (since I rarely can get up early enough to prepare a brown bag and counting restaurant calories is a pain!)
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey! I do the same thing. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day. Breakfast is oatmeal and juice. Then Banana and granola bar for a snack. Lunch is usually something like cottage cheese, celery with PB, 2 sesame crackers, a yogurt and a piece of fruit. Then another piece of fruit and 2 rice cakes for another snack. Then dinner...chicken, fish or turkey with some sort of veggie. Then after my pm workout, I have whey protein with a cup of skim milk. So, no worries. This has been working for me and if it works for you...keep it up!!

*Kistinbee*