chocolate milk

Options
Its ok that i go a little over my sugar goal with chocolate milk right? I am 28 weeks pregnant and that's the only way I'll drink milk. :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you have a medical reason to track sugar? Most of "us" just track carbs/fiber/fat/protein and maybe sodium.
  • emilyjohnson476
    emilyjohnson476 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nope it just did it automatically. Said i shouldn't go over 45gs a day. I'm at 48. Lol but im also sharing my food. So im thinking that would make a difference.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Pseudo-nutritionist says Yes, that is totally fine. :)
  • shikhakaushal89
    shikhakaushal89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sorry I just came here to complement your pic.. lovelllyyyy good looking couple. God bless you guys...
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate milk. :) I feel like its worth the sugar to drink. Most people don't worry about sugar intake. Although as it's an added sugar I tend to be at least somewhat conscious of it. But still, definitely fine to go over on your sugar intake.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues with sugar intake, and it doesn't set you off over your calories, but you're pregnant anyhow, so, enjoy the excess calories, and enjoy the milk!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I craved chocolate milk with my first. It was seriously necessary to life. As others have said, unless you have a specific medical reason to worry about sugar, don't.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    OMG I live for chocolate milk :love:
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk is fine. I love dark chocolate almond milk. It's become a favorite of mine.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Chocolate milk is fine. I love dark chocolate almond milk. It's become a favorite of mine.

Oh dear me that sounds AMAZING.

Something tells me it will make its way into my fridge next grocery run...

~Lyssa
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    if you're pregnant, you shouldn't worry too much about gaining/losing weight. unless you have G.D., just eat what you need to nourish that baby! congrats! :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    unless youre diabetic, or have some sort of other health issues related to sugar levels.... theres no need to worry about it at all
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    and now i want chocolate milk.....
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I love silk dark choc milk and it's 100 cals a glass.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The sugar goal is only as low as 45 grams when you are at 1200 calories (it's 15% of total). Have you discussed with your doctor doing a 1200 calorie diet when pregnant?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate milk with 1% milk and good old-fashioned Hershey's chocolate syrup. I made two healthy babies drinking that stuff. And one of those babies made her own baby too.