Looking to Lose 70Lbs Before i turn 31

Options
Hey There,

My Name's Adam. I'm 29 and 1/2 and I'm looking to get below 170lbs before I turn 31. I currently weight about 245 lbs and i'm not happy about it. When I was 22 years old I weighed about 150 lbs but due to some medication I had been put on I shot up to about 230lbs within a year. I have been rather down about the fact that I weigh so much as a result and its really effected my confidence and self esteem. I am hoping, by making positive life choices that I can start to reduce my weight and get down to a healthy level. I am not expecting overnight success, but I would be happy with slow but steady results. I have joined a gym near my work, and hope to work out after work between 3 and 4 nights a week. Also I have a Gear 2 which I am going to be using to keep track of my Steps. I bought a measuring tape a week ago so I will be regularly checking my measurements.

I am hoping to meet like minded people that are on their way to weight loss success, or who have already used this community to achieve their goals.

Best of luck to all,

-Adam

Replies

• KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I initially lost 40lbs on here so it can be done. I had a bit of a medical issue and gained 25 of that back last year. So, I am right there with you... I just started back again yesterday. Let's do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! It's great that you realize you need to get healthy. It's amazing what a high weight can do to a persons self-esteem. It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately it is quite often. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. If you would like to add me feel free. I post daily motivational quotes to help keep my friends motivated!
  • samanthabeth17
    samanthabeth17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Adam! I am going through the same issue as you are now. I am trying to lose 60 lbs before I turn 30. My ideal weight is 170 lbs as well.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! You will notice that your confidence and self esteem will come back quickly. I find that, although I have not lost any weight yet (only been 5 days), doing something about it really changes the way I feel about myself.

Congratulations on taking that first step and great job on joining the gym!

I will be here a while as I have lots to lose, so if you want a supportive friend, do not hesitate to add me.

Wishing you a successful journey!
  • stk26061
    stk26061 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you Adam... However, considering my 31 birthday is less then 2 months away I won't lost what I want by then. But as long as I lose and not gain by then. I'll be happy. It's a constant struggle. 4 years ago I got down to 175. Then I began putting on weight and got to 235. I lost again and got down to 210 about two years ago. And in the last two years I have gotten as high as 280. I started dieting and exercising on Sunday with a starting weight of 274. Since Sunday I hAve lost close to 4 lbs. Good luck with your current weight loss journey!
  • NicoleMartinelli8
    NicoleMartinelli8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! I'm Nicole! I started at 237. I'm currently at 213. I'm trying to get to 170. I'm 34 years old. Add me!